Sunday, May 3, 2009

More Rations...

Shampoo, conditioner and body wash top the list! Aly recently started taking her own showers and insists on doing everything herself. I got in the shower the other day and noticed that the brand new body wash container was 1/4 gone. According to my preggo books I may be the size of a "small hippo" right about now but I know it doesn't take that much body was to clean my body.

Evidently in the bath last night Corey found her shampooing her hair with a baseball size mound of shampoo in her hand. He totally went off and insisted on showing her the appropriate amount of shampoo and conditioner that she should be using...I hope he took into account that she has a lot more hair than him!

As I am witnessing how much the girls waste now I cannot imagine what it will be like when they are teenagers. Good thing we are having a boy! Instead of Corey buying stock in Visa and MasterCard he should buy stock in the Kleenex brand. I'm not even going to get started with personal hygiene, make-up, hair products, etc. Did I mention that I took the girls to the dermatologist this week and had to buy them $72 cream for their dry skin (that was my co-pay after insurance paid their $150...yeah, $225 for skin cream) and the lotion they have to use on their bodies is $13.99 and not covered as an FSA expense. And to think I thought diapers and wipes were getting expensive.

As I am buying all this stuff for the girls I'm thinking I need to take a bottle of shampoo or a few extra rolls of toilet paper over to our parents house every time we go over to make up for when we where kids or at least to compensate them for when are kids are over at their houses.

I've already started buying the girls generic kleenex for their bathroom, hopefully shampoo, conditioner and tp are not next. Any guesses on our next set of rations? I'm thinking toothpaste, hand soap and electricity. The girls are constantly leaving every light in the house on and I keep finding globs of toothpaste in the sink (the globs are another one my parents will appreciate). It's a good thing the girls are so darn cute!

By the way, did you notice that I am up way too early for a Sunday morning? Ah, Braxton-Hicks, gotta love them!

2 comments:

Kim Dampier said...

I'm lol, bec I when I went down to Jackson's shower the other day...I found the same bottle of shampoo that he's had FOREVER!! And had to ask, "Are you washing your hair with soap every day?" He said..."Ummmm, I didn't know that I had to use soap every day!!!" Maybe Joel will make up in the area's the girls over-do it!! Love it!! Hope you are feeling well, you are on the down hill slide!!

Constance said...

You know these last 2 posts gave me a great laugh! It's certainly deja-vu! I remember having a $20 a month budget for H&B items. $20 doesn't go very far with a bunch of females when you start talking feminine products, mousse, hair spray, razor blades, shaving cream, lotion and so on! That's why it's nice just having your brother at home. Granted, razor blades for him and dad are not cheap but now I get to have little luxuries for myself, like Bath & Body!

The clock is ticking...
Love, Mom