Friday, May 8, 2009

34 Weeks & 5 days Update

















First off, this picture is for you Mom, you know how much I love having my picture taken when I'm pregnant so enjoy! Had my doctor appointment, bright and early this morning and the BP was still up. This meant a non-stress test, blood work and a fetal growth ultrasound. The doc is speculating that I am not preelcamptic but that I have the high blood pressure gene and pregnancy makes my bp go up. He ordered all of these tests to confirm his theory. We shall wait and see.

Joel looks great, his head is measuring 38 weeks now. He is no longer breech, overall I measured 35 weeks and 5 days so about a week ahead and he is estimated to weigh 6lbs 1 oz...give or take. I got to see some great shots of his cute little face, it was almost as if I could make out his features perfectly on the grainy screen. Joel is so active, he would hardly be still long enough for the tech to get his measurements. In the meantime I am going on bp medication 2x's a day and am going back to see the doc on Tuesday. He said he really wants this little guy to cook for at least 2 or 3 more weeks and if we can control my bp with medication then this will be possible. I've definitely been having contractions this week which is something I did not experience with the girls until I went into labor.

So after all the "drama" of the tests this morning we headed to Columbia so the girls and I could get our hair trimmed (it was Ash's first haircut) and check on our rentals. It was just a quick trip since this is Corey's b-day weekend and we have plans tonight and tomorrow and have to get the girls to Corey's parents tonight. However in the "quick trip" we got to have a slice of Shakespeare's pizza for lunch and I got a box of dark chocolate covered strawberries from The Candy Factory for Mother's Day. I got a whole pound this time so I was more than willing to share with Corey and the girls, I even let Aly choose the biggest strawberry. What a nice Mommy! I'll post pics soon. I've gotta get the girls packed for the night and try to make myself over for the date with the hubby. I'm just so physically exhausted all I really want to do is lay around!

1 comment:

Constance said...

Jenn as always you are beautiful!! I love you dearly! Happy Mother's Day! Next year you'll have 3 munchkins to love on!
Love, Mom