Monday, December 15, 2008

Overwhelmed

That's how I feel right now. I'm too tired to walk downstairs, AGAIN, to take a picture of an ornament so the "ornament of the day" will have to wait until tomorrow. I've spent a majority of this icy day cleaning the girls playroom, what a job. They have way too much stuff! If I see one more stuffed animal I might tell the person who gives it to them to BEND OVER!

Our trip to Columbia was quite productive. We ended having to go through the 6 week process of evicting some tenants out of our duplex. They had to be out by Friday per their court order and when we got there Friday night to survey the damage let's just say that turning around, going back home and letting the property go into foreclosure was definitely a thought. We mustered up some strength from the good Lord (and some good friends) and endured. Let me just say that I don't think I've ever seen anything as nasty in my life, complete with cockroaches everywhere. Our property is only 5 years old and these people had only been there 6 months. It's really sad to see something that you have a vested interest in be treated and destroyed the way that our property was. I have never seen such a complete lack of respect for other peoples belongings in my life.

Our good friends, The DeShon's, were such a tremendous help to us this weekend. They have some rentals too and they have been through some interesting times with some of their properties and tenants as well. You could see in their faces and through their actions of help to us throughout the weekend that they definitely had an empathy for us that not many would understand. Thanks Guys! We love you! We have to go back this next weekend to do some more work but as a bonus we get to see some old friends at an X-mas party Saturday night.

There's a surprise going on this week that is going to have me super busy, I have cleaning to do, laundry, Christmas presents to still buy and wrap...my head is kind of spinning just thinking about it all of it. I better quit spending my time talking about how overwhelmed I am and just get busy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for you to get my "surprise" in the mail!! :) I feel so sorry for you guys and the rental, we have been there and done that with my parents, it is so awful! I'm glad you had friends to help!

Kim

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just saw your comment...and YES! We do still go every Mon and Thurs, even with school!

Kim

Constance said...

I am eager to hear about the surprise as long as it doesn't involve cockroaches and filthy bathrooms! There's a possibility ou won't have to worry about stuffed animals from us, at least next Christmas, I am thinking of doing a radical Christmas in 2009! It's still in the planning stages so you're gonna have to wait!
Love, Mom