Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Feels Like Forever

It feels like forever since I posted. I guess we are just caught up in the holiday buzz! I'm sad that it's almost over (I love this time of year) but next Christmas we will have even more to celebrate. On Christmas morning as the girls were opening their presents I had this feeling of Christmas not feeling complete since our littlest is not "out of the oven yet". Initially it was a little tough to enjoy pregnancy, I just wanted to get it over. As time progresses I'm starting to realize that this is most likely my last time to do this so I am working really hard to enjoy every moment.

I had my 16 week appointment yesterday. It went great. The baby's heartbeat was very strong. When I initially heard it thumping away I asked the doc if that was the baby's or mine (if you remember from my last appointment I had a hard time discerning whose was whose). The doc laughed and said "that's definitely the baby". We scheduled our BIG ultrasound for January 28th (4 weeks from today). Sometimes it seems like so long in between appointments especially when you are really anticipating them! I think I'm starting to feel the baby move, it's still kind of hard to tell. I'm sure within the next couple of weeks I'll definitely be able to tell, that's when pregnancy gets really exciting.

We do not have any big plans for New Year's Eve. We are going to a special service at church tonight. There will be some comedians and the pastor will share his vision for the next year. We will probably be snug in our beds no later than 11pm. We usually ring in the New Year fast asleep. New Year's Day is always a day of relaxing for us. Sometimes we just lay around and watch movies all day (classics like National Lampoons Vacation, etc.). Tomorrow we are going to go bowling with Corey's family. His brother is moving to California in about 10 days so this will be one of the last family hurrahs with all of us, probably until next Christmas.

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

The Ellis Family said...

I'm just like you! Couldn't wait to meet this little one and get the morning sickness over with. Then realized, this is most likely the last pregnancy for me so I need to enjoy every minute! I'm now completely in the uncomfortable stage, with the baby all up in my ribs and the hiccups that seem never ending, but wow isn't God amazing?? So I'm really soaking up every time it looks like there is an alien about to come out of my stomach with all the crazy movements!