Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Baby Update

I went in for my 12 week appointment today and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I had a hard time picking it up since mine was so loud but when I concentrated on what the doc said I finally heard it. Honestly, I was so spoiled by being a patient of Dr. Penney's, ultrasounds every 2 to 3 weeks, that the first time I really heard Aly & Ashley's heartbeat was when I was hooked up to the monitors in the hospital getting ready to deliver.

My new doctor is so nice. I really like him. He's the chief of obgyn at the hospital so other people must like him too. Since Dr. Penney had been delivering babies for 50 years my criteria for finding a doc was that it had to be someone who was seasoned and experienced.

Back to the baby. Everything is progressing along perfectly. I get to go off most of my medication. I had been taking 10 different pills and supplements everyday. Now I'm down to my prenatal vitamin with DHA and a baby aspirin. I'm really excited and so is my wallet! I was spending over $100 per month in medication after my co-pays.

I've gained 3 pounds since my last appointment, doc thought that was fine especially since it was Thanksgiving. He made me get a flu shot, my first one ever, and they drew lots of blood. I go back in 4 weeks, December 30th, for measuring and more fun. At that appointment we will schedule the BIG appointment which should take place somewhere around January 27th.

2 comments:

Constance said...

At the BIG appointment, is that when you mihgt be able to find out the baby's sex? I guess your questions were answered okay?

I have not been feeling well since Sunday night. I started with a sore throat and now I feel like I have a chest cold, barking all over the place and losing my voice.

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad all is going well! Dr. Penney did spoil you huh? I'm sure you are in good hands now too! Can't wait until the 27th, I'm sure you are counting down the days too! At least it is a busy time of year!

Kim