Thursday, December 18, 2008

Exhausted and Super Busy

Who isn't super busy right, it's the holidays. Come on just let me whine about it a little, I am preggo after all. Anyway, I've had guests staying at my house this week, I've been working on the surprise (details later, I don't want to spoil it), I found out yesterday that I got a really awesome 10 hour a week job that starts after the holidays (I even told them I was preggo and it didn't phase them), we have to go to CoMo this weekend and I think I still need to finish Christmas Shopping. I'm upstairs again so I'm not going back the stairs to take a ornament picture today. I'm so tired I just want to curl up and sleep for a couple of days, I guess that will come next week! I wish all of my blog readers a happy weekend before Christmas weekend (with all I have to do I don't think I'll be posting before Sunday or Monday)!

PS - My new job is a granted position with March of Dimes! What an awesome mission! It's only a few hours a week and the majority of the job will be done from home. My plan is to blow them away so that I can make this granted position a permanent part-time position. Many of you know I have really struggled being a stay at home mom and wanting a career at the same time(it would probably be easier if I were still in CoMo, I met some really great SAHM's before I left, I'm sure spending time with them would've made the transition easier, now we just get to be blog friends). This seems like a really good fit for me and the family. The grant is 6 months so it'll take me right up to delivery-day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to warn you: this snack may be addictive. Just kidding. The rolo snack is actually Kim's recipe. You just take a pretzel twist and put a rolo on top in the center. You stick it in the oven for just a couple of minutes to soften the rolo. Then you push a pecan down on top of the rolo. So good and very addictive.

Anonymous said...

The suspense is killing me!!! And your job sounds perfect, I loved my non-profit work days, it was the most rewarding work I've ever done (besides being a SAHM of course!) I would have jumped all over that job too! I know you will blow them away!!

Kim

PS, Chas is right the rolos are addictive!

Constance said...

Congrats Baby Girl! I now they are going to be super duper impressed with you! You have such amazing organizational skills! I know that is truly one of your spiritual gifts! Waiting for the surprise...
Love, Mom

michelle said...

Congrats!!! I LOVE MOD!!! I used to serve on the statewide board, and worked with Debbie Kersting... I cut back after baby #2 came along (that would be Brady)... so I only do the local board. MOD is GREAT!!! Congratulations! I know you'll do wonderful work. I LOVE them. Merry Christmas. I hope you're over the puking. You haven't mentioned that... so I'm thinking you're done barfing. Take care!