Friday, December 12, 2008

Do You Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas?

Today's ornament is from Hallmark from this year and it's titled "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas". I have two of these little gems hanging on my tree. It has a button that you can push and listen to Gayle Peevey's version of the song. This is the ornament that we purchased for each of the girls this year. This is one of their all time favorite Christmas songs so I wanted each of them to have one. This way when they are older and out on their own they can hang it on their own tree and remember how much fun we had singing this silly song in the car. This song is our anthem anytime we we see hippopotamus's (as if we see them everyday, but you know trips to the zoo, on tv, etc). We even sang this song at the top of our lungs, with my Mom, sisters and nieces, at the Ft. Worth Zoo this past Spring when we saw the hippos.






















I'll be taking an "ornament a day" blog break this weekend as we are headed to Columbia to do some work on our duplex and as a bonus visit some friends. I'm not sure how much visiting we will fit in since I have no idea what shape our duplex is in (that's a whole other story) but any visit is better than no visit at all!

3 comments:

Constance said...

I sure had fun when we went to the zoo back in March. That Hippo song is too cute! I remember laughing when I heard that for the first time, you and Jess were ypung and I think we were in the car. Now we need a "Must Be Santa" ornament!
Love, Mom

Saying a prayer that everything goes smoothly this weekend at the duplex!

Love, Mom

Jessica Leija said...

I love these ornaments! Are they Hallmark?! That is Jacey's favorite Christmas song too; well that and "Dreaming of a White Christmas" by Michael Jackson (don't ask, haha)!

Anonymous said...

Candice used that song for one of the recital pieces, it was soo cute! Hey, any chance you will come by storytime? I hope your place is in order, I remember my parents and all the headaches they had with rental property!

Kim