Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fa-la-la-la-la

Tis the season...I'm starting to get in a real Christmas-sy spirit. While the girls were with Corey's Mom and Dad this past weekend we went and saw the new 007 movie. It was pretty good although I thought the last one was better. We came home after that so Corey could do his "hour" of work...well the hour turned into six hours and we didn't end up going to bed until 2am. While Corey was working I took advantage of the time and got caught up on Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team and wrapped the girls Christmas presents.

I'm still really struggling with wanting to go back to work full time. I thoroughly enjoy the girls but I am much more career oriented and goal focused than I once thought. I will definitely go back at some point I just have a lot of criteria for the job to meet once I do decide to go back. As Hannah Montana says I want the "Best of Both Worlds". Who knows...my tune may change once the new baby gets here...at least for a little bit.

I'm hoping my "blue funk" of a mood will turn around soon. Maybe it's just all of these extra hormones that are making me feel so up and down all of the time. All I know is I am ready to feel like myself again. On the other hand, we do have some circumstances going on right now that are a little bit out of our control and not being in control is definitely something that I do not like. Pretty much my standard answer when anyone asks if they can get me anything I say "June".

On the bright side, here is a great family picture that my sister took at "my other sister's" wedding (see Jess, now Lulu is "the other sister"). With an adoring husband, two beautiful girls and a new baby on the way I have much to be thankful for!

5 comments:

The Ellis Family said...

VERY GORGEOUS FAMILY!!! It was great seeing you at the wedding!

Anonymous said...

What a great family picture! The girls look like little princesses.

Constance said...

Um...not to put a damper on this adorable picture but does Aly have a runny nose?

I really like this picture though! You all look so beautiful (and handsome Corey).

The hormones and the external circumstances are bound to take its toll. I'm wondering if your overall mood will also be better once Aly begins pre-school? She is SO ready for Kindergarten and I'm sure the socialization will make an enormous difference in her too. Let's face it Mom, she's bored with you and being at home. Ha Ha!
Love, Mom/GIGI

Pam Hopkins said...

Jenn, what a beautiful family!! I love this picture of you all! Love, Aunt Pam

Anonymous said...

You guys are MARVELOUS! What a wonderful picture! It won't be long and it will be out of date with that new baby on the way! The girls do look like princesses! Love it!

Kim