Monday, November 3, 2008

Drama, Drama, Drama

Happy November and hurray for daylight savings time...even though I'm up way to early! Last week was kind of a ridiculous week with a lot of working at the beginning of the week for Corey and then we started our Halloween out with a little baby drama mixed with some duplex drama.

The baby drama cleared itself up almost immediately after it started. I met my new doctor, he did an ultrasound and everything is perfect and progressing along just fine. I had a small subchorionic bleed in my uterus which causes on and off spotting...no big deal, right, I spotted my whole first trimester with Aly and then had a textbook pregnancy with Ashley so just about everything is "normal" for me during pregnancy. But when I woke up Friday morning there was a little more spotting than I was comfortable with, but just as soon as I noticed it, it went away. When the doc did the ultrasound he said it appeared to be "bleeding out" which means going away. Usually these small bleeds correct themselves and that's exactly what mine is doing. Praise God...I never doubted Him, I just love that God gives me extra opportunity for reassurance.

The duplex drama on the other hand continues and I really don't care to discuss it! I will say if I never have to hear the word "tenant" again I would be so happy! All I can say is thank God that He supplies all of our needs according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus!

Beyond the drama, the weekend turned out to be a great one. We headed over to Dad & Jamie's on Friday night for "Pigs in a Blanket" and Mac & Cheese before we went around the neighborhood with the girls to collect all of their "booty". I didn't get as many good pics I would like, the girls were a bit uncooperative. This was their first year to "Trick or Treat" and I think they were way too excited about getting out there than to pose for a picture...or five. We then met up with Corey's parents at their church for their Fall Festival. It was really nice but by the time we got there I had a splitting headache and wasn't feeling well at all so it was a little difficult for me to muster through the rest of the nights' events but I made it. With two little kids at home this 3rd time around pregnancy thing feels like it can really whip your butt at times! I am anxiously awaiting the 2nd trimester.

We went to a "country" wedding on Saturday. It was extremely simple but nice. The bride and groom were so happy and that's all that mattered. The could have cared less about having an actual wedding, the were ready to go to the courthouse but I guess the bride's mom insisted on it.

Yesterday was a church filled day. Corey and I are finally starting to get plugged into our new church and meet people. We are both working in children's ministry, I am developing and teaching curriculum to the 3-4 year olds and he is working with the 5-11 year olds doing skits and just helping out wherever needed. The church seems like it gets bigger every week. Just a few years ago they were a church of about 300 and at our Super Sunday service last night I think someone said we had 4,000 come through the doors of both campuses that morning. On the first Sunday of the month the church brings both campuses together for a Super Sunday service in the evenings. It's amazing to see what God has done with this church in just a short amount of time. They had over 1200 kids sign up for the Faith Fest (Halloween celebration) Friday night. I think because of all the kids that showed up Friday night we really packed them out on Sunday. I had over 40 3-4 year olds in my class yesterday for the 10:15 service...that's only in one service, they have two other services at the Central campus on Sunday mornings. Corey said that there were 137 kids in the 5-11 year old class that he did yesterday morning. It's a bit overwhelming at times but we feel really excited and blessed to be a part of something bigger than us.

So what's on tap for this week? I have a "scheduled" doctors appointment today. Lots of errands between now and Wednesday. We leave super early Thursday morning for Texas. My baby sister gets married this Friday. Enjoy the few pics I was able to get of the girlies in their Halloween costumes!


No comments: