Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time For A Real Update

I don't really feel like posting, it must be pregnancy. It seems that everything is pregnancy related these days. It's nice to know that I am closing in on my 3rd trimester. In less than 15 weeks I'll be bringing a sweet baby boy home, in less than 15 weeks hopefully my mood swings will improve. Seriously, I do not remember pregnancy being this emotionally draining. The mood swings I've had this pregnancy have been ridiculous, one minute I'm up, the next minute I'm down. Honestly I just don't get it. I am extremely thankful to be having another child, this is what we spent nine months praying for at the dinner table with the girls every night but I cannot wait to have the baby home with us! It's almost as if I've been having an out of body experience and that I'll be returned to this planet again really soon. If this all sounds weird it's probably because I'm pregnant!

Anyway, my mom and sister and niece came in town from Dallas last weekend and we had a wonderful but too short visit. My sister gave her new nephew a baby shower. It felt kind of weird to be receiving gifts since this is my third but everyone seemed really excited to be celebrating with us. The girls absolutely loved it! I let them open all of the gifts for their new brother and I wish I would've had a video camera because their reactions were priceless and so sweet. We've got a good start for the little guy including bedding. It's a vintage sports theme, per Corey's request, nothing cartoonish. I'm looking forward to getting the crib out of the basement and starting to get things together for his arrival.

We also celebrated the girls 3rd and 5th birthday with a family birthday party last Saturday. All this excitement made for a very fun but exhausting weekend. Aly had her b-day on Thursday. She woke up to Camp Rock decorations in the kitchen and a breakfast of chocolate chip pancakes, donut holes (her choice, not mine) and raspberries, at her request. We took her to have her pictures done, to Red Robin and bowling. When we weren't involved in any family festivities you could find her curled up on the couch watching HSM 3 continuously. She is so 5 going on 15!

So after a busy week we've had a pretty relaxing weekend. So now I guess it's time for me to go recharge my batteries for the next week. I am really hoping for nice spring weather this week, I think getting outside in the warmth will help my moods and that will be help for all of us!

1 comment:

Constance said...

Did Corey finish the painting in your bedroom yet? I was always so eager to get the baby bed out and reassembled. It was cool knowing that I'd be walking in there and soon it would be filled and not empty. I never got good pictures of the blanket or the Dedication Outfit. If you could take some pics and send them to me it would be great!
Love, Mom