Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Child Labor, Getting Bigger, etc...

It's a good thing that I am not subject to child labor laws because I've been having my kids do lots for me lately from laundry to picking stuff up off the floor to peeling potatoes. Aly is becoming quite the domestic one these days. She carries all the laundry into the laundry and puts it in the washer for me and then she takes it all of out the dryer and carries it to the bed for me so I can fold it. Now if I could just teach her how to fold properly and put it away that will be the day!

The other day she wanted to peel the potatoes. I finally relented and let her. If you have ever been out to eat with my kids then you know that they HATE potatoes, even french friends...from Mickey D's! I realized a couple of weeks ago that they will eat REAL mashed potatoes with gravy. I usually just use instant. When we were kids my mom always made REAL potatoes and instant potatoes were a treat so I have never really made real mashed potatoes much. Well finally I'm getting sick of instant and my kids don't like them so I guess Aly will be peeling more potatoes in the days to come.






































It's really hard for me to let the kids help me in the kitchen, with cleaning, etc. I have such a perfectionist personality and like to have everything in just the right place and order that when they want to help it seems to make more work for me. I am trying to relax (and keep my blood pressure down) and let them help a little more. I can definitely use it more now than ever! It seems like after you've carried more than 2 kids pregnancy gets so much harder on your body. I guess because your chasing a couple of kids around, your older and things are stretched out already so the ache much sooner! For me this pregnancy seems like it's taking forever! I'm not complaining...much, after everything it took to get us here I am thankful and feel very blessed to have 3 healthy children. My mom's been requesting a profile picture so I took one while I was in front of the bathroom mirror yesterday. I do not like to have my picture taken when I'm pregnant so this one's for you Mom. You might have to wait until June when I see you in person if you want to see my profile again.

1 comment:

Constance said...

LOVE< LOVE, LOVE the picture!!! Thank you darling daughter and you look gorgeous as always! I couldn't help but notice the little hands and face peeking in at the doorway! What did I tell you about EVER getting a moments peace to yourself? Not even the bathroom is sacred! I had little hands sticking under the door asking me what I was doing? I'm surprised Aly didn't offer to take your picture, she's actually pretty good!

I LOVE me some home made REAL mashed potatoes! We had them Sunday evening with fried chicken. I actually said to dad,
"I don't know how ANY one can eat those instant things!" Ha ha!

Seriously Jenn, you look GREAT!
I love you Sweet Pea!
Mom