Sunday, March 8, 2009

Quick Update

The doctor's appointment went well on Friday. I did the glucose test, had blood drawn, had my belly measured and heard Joel's heartbeat. The weight gain wasn't too bad so that was a relief. I asked him about taking a 10 hour drive to Texas for Easter and he pretty much said you can do it but you have to stop EVERY hour and you will be extremely uncomfortable. We have decided to go the Texas for Thanksgiving instead of Easter. The stopping will turn a 10 hour drive into a 20 hour drive!

We went out on a date Friday night with some friends from church and saw "Gran Turino". Awesome movie! I absolutely loved it. I had no expectations for the movie except that I would have rather seen "He's just not that into you". I was pleasantly surprised and think that "Gran Turino" is one of the best movies I've seen in awhile.

Corey painted our master bathroom yesterday while I took the girls out to look for summer shoes...not too much of a selection right now. We dropped the girlies off with my parents to spend the night and then we had another date night. We ended up going to Corey's grandparents house for dinner and to do their taxes for them, Corey has been the unofficial tax man for his family these days.

We headed to church this morning, had a quick Taco Bell lunch and will be headed to The Butterfly House in Chesterfield shortly. We are having our March For Babies Family Team Kick Off this afternoon so it should be fun. The Butterfly House is free to all of our family teams who participate in March. I am totally loving working for MOD. I am really believing that they will find a permanant position for me after the grant expires, they've assured me that they are working on it! Right now I am working with families who have been affected by premature birth and managing 100+ family teams that will participate in the March For Babies on April 25th. When I was in college I never would've thought I would love working in non-profit this much, it's just so rewarding and fun!

2 comments:

Constance said...

Hi sweet daughter!
Isn't that movie awesome? I absolutely LOVED it and can't wait for it to come out on DVD!! I am glad you had a nice weekend, ours was really nice! Dad and I went out to dinner twice, the movies, met with a friend who was in from out of town and even relaxed a bit. SIGH, I am gonna hate returning to work!
Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

Glad all was well at the dr.! I by far loved my non-profit work days the best! MOD sounds like a great place for you, hope they find a permanent home for you!!