Friday, March 20, 2009

I Should Be Sleeping...

but Ashley woke about around 3am saying she wasn't feeling good and that she wanted to sleep in bed with us. FUN! I guess she knew I needed to find time to update my blog so this as good a time as any. We got out of bed around 4:15am and now she's happy as can be watching Disney Chanel downstairs.

I need to get on taking some pictures. The only pics I've really taken are of 3 Mexican guys digging up our yard yesterday and I don't really think you all are interested in seeing that. The cable box for some other houses down the street is in our yard and our neighbor's yard (the box has nothing to do with our cable). They have been messing around in our yard for months trying to fix some sort of problem and have this huge long cable that extends through our entire yard all the way through about 4 other yards. I looked out the window yesterday morning to find part of our yard completely dug up (sod and all) with 3 guys in a huge hole messing around with some pipes, cables, etc. I promptly called Corey and took a picture. They left us a flyer saying everything would be returned to it's original state...yeah, right, if you would've seen my yard you would've had doubts too. I've got to hand it to the Mexicans...they really know how to do landscaping and sod! You cannot even tell that anyone was in our yard. We had a few white guys digging in our yard a few months ago and we have a big mound with our sod laid on top of it where they "fixed" it.

The girls had their "Big Sister" class on Monday at the hospital and we got to see a newborn baby. We are all getting really excited for Joel's arrival! We had our usual dance on Tuesday, Wednesday I went to the office so they got to go to preschool (which they LOVE) and then yesterday I had a "Mom meltdown" as I tried to clean house with two fighting girls who were one step behind me messing up what I just cleaned. What is it with kids, bathrooms, lotion, soap and water? Ugh, I don't think I need to say anymore!

Tonight we are having Corey's family over for his Mom's 50th b-day. Corey's little bro who just moved to California flew in last night to surprise their Mom and he'll be here for a week. We are all going to see Cirque Du Soleil next Wednesday for her b-day. We are headed to good ole CoMO tomorrow to check on the properties, get my hair down and hopefully visit some friends. Sunday is church as usual and then R & R for the rest of the day!

3 comments:

Constance said...

Jenn, sometimes it feels like things will never change and then you blink your eyes and wonder where it all went? I am feeling incredibly nostalgic these days for when my babies (all 4 of you) were young, wishing I could go back, like vacation, and visit those precious times once more.
Love, Mom

Constance said...

Notice, I said VISIT. I remember the hard work way too much to want to STAY there!
Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

LOL! We are right there with you sister! We've all had those days! :) Have a great time!