Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nervous

I have my almost 26 week dr. appt tomorrow and do you want to know what I'm most nervous about...not the glucose test...being weighed! Ugh. It's been 5 weeks in between appts and at my last appt I gained a little more than I wanted to, don't ask for numbers because I am not telling!

My doctor is really a stickler about not gaining too much weight and in the past I've always gained somewhere in the 35-45 lb range with my previous pregnancies, hopefully not that much this time. I am sure Corey appreciates my doctors "concerns" about weight gain. I feel like I have two weight nazi's on my back this time instead of just one! So as of the last appointment I quit donuts (I had only gone to Heaven Scent 4 times this pregnancy but whatever) and the daily can of Dr. Pepper that I was drinking and I have been trying to work out more.

I guess I should be happy that I am "healthy" but it's so gosh darn hard to watch the scale go up on a regular basis. I told Corey last night that at least if you're overeating you gain weight gradually so I wouldn't think you would notice it as much but when you're preggo you feel like you turn into a whale overnight! Wish me luck and low numbers on the scale!

1 comment:

Constance said...

GOSH how I despised being weighed! I felt like such a cow when I was pregnant with you and I would LOVE to weigh that now!

Why is weight such an issue? Out of all of the things out there why is that one such a struggle! I've already put my order in for my new body once I am in heaven, taller and thinner!
Love, Mom