Wednesday, March 4, 2009

BUSTED

So I got busted speeding today. Go figure! I haven't gotten a speeding ticket since College and here I am 31, pregnant with two kids in the backseat being pulled over. Honestly, I had no idea that I was speeding. The girls and I were just minding our own business when I heard the the sound and saw the lights behind me, we didn't even have music on and I wasn't talking on the phone.

I asked the "friendly" Dardenne Prairie officer for a warning and he ignored me. Even Aly said, "Mom, this is the first time we've been pulled over, ever"! I'm sure if I was not pregnant and sporting my "A" game he would've given me a warning. Well here's hoping for a little grace and mercy from the dear hubby since I haven't had a ticket in 11 or 12 years. Good thing I have my little part-time gig with MOD!

Question for my dear sweet friend Nicole - do you think it's worth showing up and contesting? I asked for a warning, haven't had an offense in over 11 years or an accident in 9 years and I seriously couldn't tell you if I was speeding much less how fast, I feel like he boosted my speed to bring me to the next fine level since it was only 1mph over the previous fine level...what's your "expert" opinion???

5 comments:

Constance said...

Hey all I can say is that the hubby better not give you a hard time. The only difference is that he hasn't been caught! I would be tempted to contest it, they probably don't get many people that do!
Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

Oh my gosh, I think that any pregnant lady with 2 kids in the back deserves a break!! He surely had a quota to make today!!

Jenn said...

Evidentally there are no breaks when the town is building a new courthouse...grrr!

Amy said...

OMG, I was pulled over on the 4th too. My little girl in back and I don't think I was going as fast as the office said I was. I got my in South County (Affton, MO).

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I have to say is get one of those chesp lawyers like at TLC and have them go to court for you and they will reduce it to a non moving violation so no points and your insurance wont go up. Thats the best advice to give you UNFORTUNATELY the judge always sides with the officer.....Sorry too bad it wasnt St Peters