Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Thoughts for Wednesday

I have a couple of Wednesday thoughts to share:

1) Evidently 4 is the new 14 in our household. This attitude comes complete with dirty looks, back talk, running to your bedroom and throwing yourself on the bed crying and spending a lot of time in the bathroom fixing your hair (with sprays, spritzes, headbands, barrettes, etc.)

2) I took the kids to the library today for story time (we are on a roll, 2 weeks in a row) and found out that this was the last story time until the middle of June (we'll probably be in STL by the time the next session starts). The last time I was at Barnes & Noble they told me about their story time so maybe we'll check that out next week (hopefully they're not on summer hiatus too). I will probably enjoy Barnes & Noble much more because I think the library is kind of gross. I'm sure some of you are thinking what??? Let me explain, the kids are running around the library picking up all kinds of "germy" books. Just think about everyone who has checked out those books. Seriously we don't know where their hands have been let alone if they even bother to wash them. I have hand sanitizer attached to the diaper bag and on our way out of the library I make the girls use it. Is it just me or does anyone else think checking out library books is kind of gross?

3) My sister Jess was telling me about these "No Pudge" brownies that she makes. She picked up an extra box for me and is sending them back to STL with my mom next week. Well I went to Hy-Vee today and found them. When it comes to chocolate and brownies who wants to wait until next week, not me. They are really good, fat free and only 2 Weight Watcher points (per serving, unfortunately not the whole pan). Anyway, I can't wait to get my other box from Mom. Thanks Jess for thinking of me...and my waistline, you know we have to fit into "127 Dresses (we decided on cutoffs and tye-dye halter tops with lime green slouch socks and fake keds, right Lou?)" in October! Maybe my waistline will be expanded by that time with a little "something in the oven" and then I can eat all the brownies I want! Just kidding...Corey...about eating whatever I want, not the baby.

4) Speaking of "something in the oven" I made a practice dish for my sister Laura's bridal shower today. We are doing a brunch (my favorite) and my friend Sarah B makes this awesome Chicken and Broccoli Braid. I found the recipe online and modified it a smidgen. I used spinach instead of broccoli and sour cream instead of mayo. For the two people out there who don't know I cannot stand mayo. Yes, I know, I love Sarah B's and it probably has mayo in it. The thing of it is she made it, I didn't, so what I don't know didn't hurt me. However, when I'm making it the thought of even having to mix mayo in with anything makes my stomach turn. What is the lesson you have all learned from this? If you make something for me with mayo, don't tell me!

Well I think that's enough to get your brain churning for the day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! Come to storytime at B&N!! We are there every Mon. at 10:30am...and sometimes on Th. at 10:30am, probably more now that we don't have dance after school!
Plus you can eat lunch with us!
Kim

Constance said...

I have been like a whirlwind around here, trying to work and get ready for our trip!

I think y'all need to wear scarves in your hair along with those bridesmaids outfits! I LOVE the 127 dresses comment! TOO funny, given the indecisiveness of a certain baby sister! I'll have to look for something truly spectacular so I don't "clash"! Ha Ha!

You and the library! Who'd have thunk? I don't remember ever thinking about the germs there when I used to drag you kids to the library! Too bad it's not like bowling shoes at the bowling alley where they spray them down before the next person comes in contact with them!

The house is moving along! I can't wait to see it in a few days!

No-pudge brownies...I have heard of them but yet to try them! Could they possibly be as good as my Ghiradelli Triple Fudge ones? Those probably have 2 grams of fat per crumb! Ha Ha!

The braid sounds yummy! I know how you are and Laura'sshower is going to be beautiful, since you have a wonderfully creative and organized personality!

be seeing you REAL soon!
Love, Mom