Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Gypsies

These past 5 months have left me feeling as though sometimes the girls and I are gypsies. We got up with Corey at 5am Monday morning and by 5:55am we were all loaded in the car and ready for our 2 day trip to STL. We got the girls a new portable DVD player for the car, with 2 screens, so we were watching "Enchanted" by 6am. It made the car trip go by a little faster and quieter. This little gem will make our trip to Canada this summer much more entertaining and peaceful. I may even invest in headphones for the girls so that we can enjoy peace and quiet!

We spent Monday and Tuesday visiting with my mom. My Dad had Haz-Mat training in STL so Mom got to tag along and spend some time with family while Dad worked. I took Mom and my grandparents by the new house yesterday, it's coming along quite nicely although not fast enough. I want them to take their time and do a good job but I'm ready to move in now. It gets to be a task to pack us all up to stay at a different house every week.

I'm glad I spent so much time scrutinizing the floor plan to our new house because it seems like every time I have gone by to check on the progress I find something that is not being done right. I want them to correct it now while they are still in the framing process as opposed to finding a problem when we are ready to close and then have to wait even longer to move in. I talked with our sales rep yesterday about this and we've come to the conclusion that since this house was originally a spec they are following two different blueprints, the spec blueprint and then our revised blueprint. Our sales rep is now projecting that we will be in by the 1st week of July. Let's hope so! It would be really convenient to close a day or two before July 4th. My whole family will be in town from Texas and I would like to stay at my new house even if there are boxes everywhere and the only thing set up are our beds.

I will be able to post some pictures in a few days of the visit with my Mom. She has everything on her camera. Her and Dad will get into to Texas tomorrow morning so hopefully by Friday she'll have everything downloaded onto the Walgreens site. Right Mom? I ended up forgetting my camera...kind of. When we loaded up in the car on Monday morning and were pulling out of the driveway I said "I need to get my camera". Corey just gave me this look (you know, the look that indicates he might be a minute late for work) so I said "Mom will have hers, she always takes a lot of pics, I'll just get them from her". Ah..."minute late for work" crisis averted!

No comments: