Thursday, May 29, 2008

Exciting Weekend!

Corey and I have been looking forward to this upcoming weekend for the past few months. Our 10th Anniversary is next Thursday (June 5th) so we decided to take a trip to Branson, just the two of us, to celebrate. We are staying at Chateau on the Lake and I am so excited. We've only stayed there one other time but every time we go to Branson we usually head over there and get ice cream from the ice cream shop and then sit on the balcony enjoying the view of Table Rock Lake. After we made our reservations for a show (Dixie Stampede, very Branson, I know) and for Chateau I told Corey we could've went back to Puerto Vallarta for just a couple hundred dollars more. There are two things that Branson has that Puerta Vallarta didn't have and that is the Coach Outlet (I'm looking forward to that, I bet Corey's not) and the hatchery. I absolutely love the hatchery, sounds a little weird that the hatchery would be one of the highlights of the trip, doesn't it? It should be a fun, relaxing weekend.

Side note: we went to Puerto Vallarta last May for our 9th anniversary and I booked our trip through the travel agency that is in the Schnucks plaza. We ended up spending less than $1,000 (that's airfare & an all-inclusive, 5 star, brand new resort) for 4 days/3 nights. Awesome deal! I think it averaged out to $496 per person. The trip was through Worry Free Vacations and it was completely worry free! I highly recommend it if you are looking for an inexpensive, top notch getaway!

The girlies are staying with my parents in STL. They should be nice and spoiled by the time Sunday rolls around. It really doesn't take them long to get used to being able to do and have whatever they want. Unfortunately it takes us a bit longer to whip them back into shape but isn't that what going to the grandparents house is all about anyway.

I got Corey a new wedding band for our 10th anniversary...no surprise...I couldn't wait. I picked it up at the mall on Sunday afternoon and I wasn't even home 15 minutes before I had given it to him. He asked me what I did and I just couldn't keep the secret. He's been wanting a new band for a while, something a little more modern and stylish than the gold band he's been sporting for the past 10 years. It's titanium like (something better because they said titanium scratches really easy and can't be buffed) with a small diamond in the middle. I got a great deal on it but I was a little concerned that it might be too flashy because Corey is not the diamond type of guy but he loved it. The only hitch is the one I picked out was too big and the can't re-size them so we exchanged it last night and his new ring should be in soon.

I finally found a new swimsuit yesterday. I only had to try on 100 to find just one that I felt comfortable in and good about. The designer must have had the same "coke bottle" figure as me or his wife must have because this suit fits like a dream. When I tried it on for Corey he said this was one of the top swimsuits I've ever bought. Mission accomplished, finally a suit that my hubby likes! I got it at Dillard's, it's a one piece bandeau style by Liz Claiborne. I was super impressed with the quality of Dillard's swim wear. I tried on some one pieces and two pieces. There were a couple of the two piece tops that I tried on that fit awesome. The were supportive and very "Hot Mama". The bottoms on the other hand didn't look so "Hot Mama" on me. Maybe after my tummy tuck!

Gosh, after proofreading my blog I think I need to start charging for advertising. Well, have a fun weekend and I'll post some pictures of our little getaway next week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend, happy 10th, 1998 was a good year to get married! I love the new band idea, i may have to use that one myself, Bill has been wearing a gold band for 10 years too! So good to see you again!


Kim

Constance said...

At least Corey will wear a band! Ever since Dad lost his in Yellowstone in the Firehole River, I've thought about replacing it. I mentioned it to him recently and he pretty much said,
"Don't bother".

"Harumpf!"
Says I.

I don't want anyone sniffing around but then I wonder if sometimes they're actually a "skank magnet"? Ha Ha!

Have a wonderful time, We all know what happens 9 months later when you go celebrate your anniversary!!

Love Mom

jamie said...

Okay, cute thing about the spoiling. I might be a little late in reading it but don't worry, I caught it!!! And, even though I wasn't around, I'm sure your mom & dad can say a few things about you & Gram, so there!!!
Love You,
Spoiling One