Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sigh of Relief

We made it through the wedding weekend. Sarah & David tied the knot yesterday (why do they call it tie the knot, what exactly are you tying in a knot?). The wedding was beautiful, absolutely perfect. It was an honor for Aly & I to be a part of it. Congrats to the happy couple! I can now breathe a sigh of relief...at least for the next few months before we start thinking about my sister Laura Lou's wedding (all three of us girls are in it). Below are some pictures from the last couple of days, I hope you enjoy!

Aly made a fantastic flower girl, she looked spectacular. Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so because she came running over to me after the ceremony and says "Mom, some lady just took my picture" and it wasn't the photographer. She got to stand the entire ceremony with the rest of the bridesmaids (good thing it wasn't a Catholic wedding, I don't know if any of us girls would've lasted that long). During the ceremony she was standing behind Corlyn (maid of honor) picking up her petals and throwing them into the air all the while I am trying to give her the "Mom look" with 4 girls in front of me.

After all of the festivities our family went to the DeShon's for some good ole Imo's pizza and a movie. We ate, put the kiddos to bed by about 7:50 pm (you can do this when they have had NO NAPS) and watched "No Reservations". Laura and I didn't really care for the movie. After a long, exhausting, emotional day who wants to watch a movie about a little girl whose mom died. Needless to say our waterworks weren't reserved for the wedding only, we were still crying at 10:30 last night.

On the agenda for this week...Aly's birthday is on Tuesday. Clean out closets, pack. Fun stuff! My great aunt passed away over the summer and her house has been vacant and on the market for about 8 months. The offer has been made to us to stay there (temporarily) during our transition and while we are in the process of selling our house. We are SERIOUSLY considering it. It would be really nice to have us functioning as a family again during the week. We looked at some pictures and it's totally "Aunt Iris" with lace curtains, wallpaper/borders, flowers on the ceiling fan...you get the picture. It's situated in the heart of O'Fallon. We'll keep you posted.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You girls looked beautiful!!! I thought that is was your sister getting married this weekend, I was wrong! But it still looks like you had fun, one last party in Columbia huh? Grant looks the same as he did in H.S....probably even better! Have a good week girls!

Kim

Connie Marie said...

Sounds like it was fun! The pictures prove that it was beautiful. I enjoyed peeking into the wedding.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the compliments Kim & Connie. We had a great time!

Constance said...

Hey Sweet Pea!
You looked fabulous for the wedding! Laura Lou & I both agree we like the length of your hair, hasn't been that short in a while!

I poured through the photos at the Walgreens site you linked me to. They are really good! Both my girls looked awesome and what k=can I say, Sarah was beautiful! Laura looks fantastic, she's such a sweet lady! Those were nice family pictures of her and Grant too!

I'm praying that your house sells quickly now that the wedding has come and gone. I know Aunt Iris' house isn't your first choice but it would be nice for you all to be together like a "normal" family in the meantime. God's hands are on this next step of your lives and so He will orchestrate it to its conclusion, the very best way possible!

We picked up your sister's dress yesterday after church. It's weird to have it hanging up in our bedroom. It doesn't seem possible that she's about to turn 21 and will be getting married this year!

Love on my babies for me!
Mom/GIGI

Jenn said...

I'm glad you and Lou like my hair. Corey is not a big fan, he likes it longer. So I guess I will be growing it another few inches. I love it, I've been wanting to do this for awhile. I was tired of wearing it in a ponytail and wanted an updated style. What is it with guys and long hair? All of my girlfriends have complimented me on my "sassy" new look and all of the guys we know have said nothing. We know what silence means when it comes to guys.

I can't believe you've picked up Lou's dress already. I've been checking ebay for the girls dresses. Keep your fingers crossed.

Keep praying for the house to sell...quickly. Corey talked to Eddie about Aunt Iris's house yesterday. It'll be cozy, about 1000 square feet but it's temporary. It's better than being apart. Eddie said Aunt Iris was so clean that the house is immaculate. She has a fenced in backyard so it'll be perfect for the dogs. I don't know where else we could stay on a temporary basis that would allow 2 dogs without costing us a fortune. It'll be an adventure. It's not like we haven't done this before. We carry enough mortgages between our house and our duplex. We have decided to keep our duplex for the time being. I guess I need to just call you, lots to talk about. Love you!

The Les N Lou Blog said...

I love your new hair cut. I personally think you look younger with it shorter too. One wedding down , one to go...lol =D That dress looks really good on you.