Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Angel Face

Today my Angel Face is four! After a very, very long labor, Alyson Jordan came into the world at 2:03pm on February 26th weighing in at 7lbs 3 oz. I have been in love with this girl from the moment I found out I was pregnant. Her safe arrival was extremely important to me after what we had been through in order to have a healthy pregnancy. I was absolutely thrilled when the ultrasound tech told me she was a girl. I didn't want to say it out loud but I was secretly hoping she was a girl. I remember calling my mom and telling her "Jacey (my niece) will have someone to play Barbies with".

Aly is the sweetest, most thoughtful girl I ever met (gee, sounds like someone I know). She not only looks like me but her and I share a lot of the same qualities and traits. My Opi refers to her as my "mini me". She is a natural born leader and you can usually find her coordinating "organized play" with her sister and her girlfriends.

Aly woke up this morning and said "I'm four now and since it's my birthday I can do whatever I want". She's already come to me while I've been working on this post and said "can I get on my coat and go outside and blow bubbles". It's 7:15 in the morning and freezing outside, I don't think so! Ashley's birthday was 11 days ago and we made a big deal on Ash's birthday about the presents being for Ash so Aly needed to let her have her birthday fun. Aly did not forget this so she has already reminded Corey and I (several times) that it is her birthday and we have to tell Ashley "no and get away while Sissy is opening her presents and if she tries to play with my presents she has to get in trouble". See she has the whole thing organized and planned out.

So today for Aly's birthday I am going to make her cream of wheat (her favorite) and donuts for breakfast. We are going to go pick up her Belle birthday cake and probably head over to Chuck E Cheese to play a few games. We will have our nap and wait for Daddy to come home. She has requested to have pepperoni pizza for dinner, then she wants to eat cake, open her presents and play with her new toys. And you were wondering where she gets the personality trait of having an agenda...it must be Corey, it couldn't be me...ha!

Happy Birthday Angel Face I hope you have a good, fun day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good Birthday Aly! Em says hello too! I love having a mini me too, aren't girls great!! Don't get me wrong boys are fun too...you should try for one of those too! :) But boy are girls fun!

Kim

Jenn said...

Amen Sister! We are trying for a boy but I am glad I have two girls! It's been so great seeing all of Aly's cute outfits twice!