Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

I saw this Couples Meme on another blog that I read so I thought I would share it with all of you since it's Valentines Day!
  1. How long have you been together? Corey and I have been together 13 years and 5 months. We've been married for 9 years and 8 months. We met at Dairy Queen at the beginning of our Junior year of High School. He worked at DQ and I was there picking up my best girlfriend so that we could go out with a group of people and teepee houses, real mature, I know! I saw Corey putting ice milk in the ice cream machine and I told my friend, "he's hot, hook me up". My friend Nicole said, "I give it a week...tops"...13 years, 5 months and 2 kids later, here we are.
  2. How long did you date? 3 years and 8 months
  3. How old is he? 29, I am currently a "cradle robber"...until May 9th. Corey really lives it up during the four months that I am older than him.
  4. Who said ‘I love you’ first? Corey
  5. Who is taller? Corey
  6. Who is smarter? Definately Corey, he's a Computer Engineer with a minor in Mathematics...I have a degree in Fashion Merchandising and had my classes at the mall!
  7. Who does the laundry? I do it all...now that I am a stay at home mom, Corey used to help.
  8. Who does the dishes? I do the majority of them since, once again, I stay home. Corey does help on the weekends and before I stayed home I cooked and he did dishes.
  9. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Corey
  10. Who pays the bills? I do, Corey doesn't like to see the $ go out so he does all of the long term investing and I do all of the short term spending.
  11. Who mows the lawn? Corey does but since our yard is huge I usually help him, plus it's a good workout. Although now that I stay home I wonder if I have to mow the lawn by myself too...hmmm
  12. Who cooks dinner? Definately me unless you want fried egg sandwiches or cereal buffet.
  13. Who is more stubborn? It's a tie, we are both stubborn in our own way.
  14. Who kissed who first? Corey kissed me first
  15. Who asked who out? I asked him to go to a party with a big group of us but he was really shy and had just broken up with a girl. Initially I called him in an effort to get to know him a little better and then he officially asked me out a few days later ...to a Football game at Francis Howell High School. He wasn't allowed to single date so we had to take his sister, we ditched her once we we got to the game.
  16. Who proposed? Corey, over Subway Sandwiches and Lay's Potato Chips with French Onion dip. He proposed at the baseball fields where he grew up playing ball and I used to go cheer him on. Romantic, huh? Young love, we were only 19 when we got engaged and barely 20 when we were married.
  17. Who is more sensitive? Me
  18. Who has more friends? Probably me?
  19. Who has more siblings? Definately me, I am the oldest of 3 sisters and 5 brothers but I am an only child. Have fun figuring that one out.
  20. Who is the most athletic? Corey!!! I will watch sports with him all day long but I won't play, I don't like to be sweaty and dirty!

2 comments:

Connie Marie said...

Happy Valentine's Day.

Sounds like you two really complement each other.

Constance said...

I had to copy you and post this on my blog! This was fun!
Love, Mom