Saturday, January 24, 2009

Symphony Orchestra, Rice Krispy Treats Cereal and More!

Thanks to all of my bloggy friends for the nice birthday wishes. You guys are too sweet, so sweet with your comments that I feel like I could go eat another donut and not feel too guilty!! Seriously, it's all about Rice Krispy Treats cereal...this is probably much healthier than donuts.

Tonight Corey and I are headed to the St. Louis Symphony Orchestra, should be fun and like Jamie said "maybe going will give the baby another IQ point or something". Corey got free tickets with a parking pass from work. We have two hours til we leave and now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear. I don't exactly have a "dressy" wardrobe these days since I'm not working full time anymore. It's pretty much jeans, pull-overs and UGGS (which I haven't been able to wear for awhile...long story, really long). I went down to the basement and looked through the maternity clothes tub and came up with a dress that I wore to a Gala when I was preggo with Ash. I think I'll throw it in the dryer to try and de-wrinkle it and cross my fingers that it'll work!

We went to Columbia this morning for a quick visit with some friends and then Corey did about an hour's worth of work at the duplex while we waited for our new tenant to show up. That's right people, the duplex is completely rented again and it feels great not to have to worry about next month's duplex mortgage payment! PRAISE GOD!! Actually this is a great story, we ended up giving a little extra in our offering, sowing seed for duplex tenants and I specifically prayed for tenants by the time our next mortgage payment was due. We ended up having the papers signed the day the mortgage was due. I love it when God comes through like this, you know HE will but it's always so exciting when it actually happens!

Corey got to feel a good baby kick this morning, his second time to feel the baby. I had Aly put her hand on my belly and she wasn't patient enough to wait to feel the baby. She said "Yeah Mom, I feel the baby", she was talking about my stomach! Ashley put her hand on my belly and then pulled her hand away to smell it (wierd, I know). When I asked her why she was smelling her hand she said "it smells like baby Joel". Crazy Kids! Just a couple more days!! I feel like I have a great big Christmas Present that I get to peek at this Wednesday. At least I won't be grounded from the baby the way my parents grounded me from the Nintendo that we were getting for Christmas one year.

So that's pretty good I only talked about FOOD once in my blog (okay this makes twice) but I did talk about the whole family too!

4 comments:

Constance said...

Did we really do that? It's funny, the older I get the more selective my memory is getting! Geez...you keep reminding me of these kinds of things and I am actually surprised you still want to have a relationship with me!!! Ha Ha!

Maybe tomorrow you can blog about how we made you wear the same outfit to school every day for a week because you kept wearing the same clothes all the time! Oops, I think I just did that!
Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

I can't wait for Wednesday....you better post ASAP!!!! I hope you can sleep this week!

Jessica Leija said...

Only two more days! I am so excited for Wednesday!

Constance said...

Tomorrow is the BIG day! Do I continue working on the baby afghan or do I start from scratch with pink? Inquiring minds want to know!
Love, Mom