Thursday, January 15, 2009

It's been a few days...

so I will try to come up with something to post. It's been a really up and down, emotional week. I think my hormones are on overload this week! I'm sitting here posting, completely wiped out since I had a busy morning of "stealing chicken" aka grocery shopping. I also have a house to clean and 5 more hours of MOD work to do for the week.

We are having some people over tomorrow night so I at least need to clean the bathrooms and wipe down the kitchen. Grocery shopping (with two kids, a baby in the belly and 0 degree weather) and cleaning all in the same day are way too much for me right now. We are working on developing some new friendships this weekend so we are going to be social butterflies over the next few days. We've met a couple of nice couples from church so we have invited everyone over for tomorrow night in an effort to get to know one another better. We also have plans to go to another family's house on Saturday night. By Sunday I am going to be ready to lay around!

Corey has a four day weekend so I am looking forward to some R&R with him! He's off for MLK day and then Tuesday is my 31st B-day! You know your pregnant when you're excited about going to Heaven Scent donuts for breakfast and the Melting Pot for dinner on your birthday. Presents?? Who needs presents, just give me food!! Feeding me lately has been like feeding a hollow log, the baby must be having a growth spurt. I typically eat breakfast twice every morning and last night I had two dinners (yes, two and I was hungry again by 9pm). I think I've only gained about 10-12 pounds so far. I've been feeling the baby move so much lately and I love it! The little one is starting to pack quite a punch but I am not complaining. Less than two weeks til our big appointment, it's so hard to wait!

Speaking of presents though, I am in the market for a new COACH for my birthday. I also wouldn't mind a pair of UGG house slippers. I've been without my UGGS for almost a month now. I had to ship them to UGG right before Christmas because they had a tear in the fabric (this is my 2nd pair and they have both torn in the same spot). I picked out a different style and have been waiting (impatiently) for the new ones to ship. I found out this morning that they will be arriving on my b-day!!! Wow, Corey is good, he got me new UGGS last year for my b-day and it looks like he's doing it again! That's almost good enough to get him off the hook but not quite!

3 comments:

Constance said...

I have those pink UGG house shoes and I LOVE them! What I love better is that they didn't cost me a dime! Tee-Hee! They're almost worn out though now from wearing them all the time. I recently bought me some cute Dearforms that I took on vacation with us.

Stealing chicken, cleaning, hormones you have been busy! It'll be fun to have some peers to socialize with. I can't remember if your new church has Life/Cell Groups? That is one of THE best things that churches can do! It accomplishes so many things within the church at one time!

Love you sweet pea!
Mom

BTW...I stepped out on faith you know! I have your baby's blanket half way done already!

Jenn said...

Holy Moly...halfway?? That is some faith!

Constance said...

I had a LOT of windshield time so I whipped through it pretty quickly! I have to buy more yarn or otherwise it would be nearly done!
Love, Mom