Monday, January 12, 2009

Names No Girl May Be Cool Enough For

As January 28th approaches, the day of our big ultrasound, I've been thinking a little bit about baby names. We already have our boy name picked out, we've had this name picked out since before we were pregnant with Aly. We've been saving it in our back pocket for the day we find out that we are having a boy. I have not even entertained any girl names this pregnancy, that is until today. Since we already have two girls whose names start with "A" I thought maybe we should keep the "A" thing going. I did find a few that I liked.

As I was researching girl names I came across the list of "Names No Girl May Be Cool Enough For". Interestingly enough 3 out of our 4 grandmothers have names that fall into that category. I'm sure you want to know what the 3 names are, they are Doris, Helga & Shirley. The only option that is left is Dorothy. I do have a great grandmother whose name was Arra Augusta and strangely enough this name is considered"cool enough", ugh not to me,even though Augusta is the female version of August, which is also a family name (and I do think August is a cool name for a boy). So much for choosing a family name!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love coming up with names!!! Do the girls have an opinion on this...or do they get one? We have been trying to come up with some names around here too and everyone has their own agenda...hee hee! My grandmother was Betty, how cool is that?

Kim

jamie said...

Hi!
You know, I am really glad that you feel that way about a girl. I always think that the child who has a different name will feel left out! Unless of course, you are thinking about "Jamie", then she will feel like you and she match!
Love You (and don't care what the baby or the name is),
Jamie

jamie said...

Oh one more thing. Dad & I talk about what we would name a baby if we had one. The girl would be Emma. Emma Rose if it were up to me. I know, weird huh?
LY

Constance said...

Hi Jenn!
I would be interested in what "A" names you are leaning towards. Laura has 2 tucked away in her back poket as well. G'ma Arra was actually Arra Argusta. She was named after your Great-Great Granny Lizzie (Arra Elizabeth) and Great-Great Grandpa Homer (Argus Homer). A lot of people called her Gussie which I thoguht was cute, but she was always Grandma Arra to me. I like the name August, actually. It would be nice to keep your grandfather and Grandma Arra's name going.


Jamie!
That's too weird because when Jessica was preganant with Jacey, I tried to convince her that Emerson Rose was a beautiful name. Small world, huh?
Connie

The Les N Lou Blog said...

Well you better not steal the A names we have tucked away!!! lol!!!