Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Masters...Ugh, Not Really






Tonight we carved our pumpkins and let me just say that we have a new found respect for the original "Pumpkin Masters", that would be my parents in Texas. I think this is the first time that Corey and I have carved pumpkins together. I know it was the first time that the girls carved pumpkins.

I sent Corey and the girls out one night a couple of weeks ago to get the pumpkins. I picked up the candles and the "pumpkin masters" kit and we were ready to go. We were going to carve Disney Princesses but then we decided to try out the patterns in the book.

Eye-yi-yi, it was tough. Ashley chose a spider with a web, as you can see from the pictures she got a smiley faced pumpkin. Aly chose a Cat within a pumpkin...she just got a cat. I was going to make toasted pumpkin seeds but I don't feel like messing with it this year...I was doing good to handle the pumpkin smell without up-chucking! The girls decided they wanted to leave the pumpkins in the house...obviously they have NEVER been pregnant...we'll see how long they last inside. Enjoy the pictures!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys did great on your pumpkins! We usually just carve out triangles for the eyes and nose and something easy for the mouth! It is much harder than it looks!

Constance said...

I got a good laugh over your comments about the carving! I have LOVED doing the pumpkins over the years but of course Laura crying in frustration over hers not turning out right...well, that I could have done without! I plan to post some of my Pumpkins over the years on this Friday's Show & Tell.

Love,
Original Pumpkin Maste(in Texas)

Jessica Leija said...

Jenn! How fun! Jacey carved her first pumpkin ever with Gigi this past weekend! Btw, where did you find your hay bails?! I love the decoration on your front porch!

Anonymous said...

It really is hard isn't it...that's why I leave that up to Bill, totally not my thing...wait until you have 3 to do!!! Yikes! We only did 2, Carter doesn't know any different! :) Aly looks really grown up! :)

Kim