Thursday, October 9, 2008

Finally!!!

Well I can finally share the good news...we are expecting our third child sometime in early June!

I kept mum on the fertility stuff that we did last month...I figured God had heard mine, Corey and the girls prayers and His timing would be perfect. The treatment was really no big deal just clomid and a shot of ovidrel. Everything progressed along perfectly in my cycle and after 4 pregnancy tests and two blood tests we feel like it's time for you all to know.

We were hesitant on sharing the news because ovidrel can give you a false positive and we wanted to be absolutely positive. We found out the middle of last week and then I had blood and progesterone tests this past Monday and Wednesday. I've actually been to the doc quite a bit this week, three out of the last four days. I've been stuck 4 times at the lab and got a shot of Rhogam today (I'm O- and Corey is B+ so we get to take extra precautions). Really that equates to a little extra TLC from the doctors office which is A-OK with me!

I have strict orders to rest, no heavy lifting and no exercising (darn) for the next few weeks. So that means napping when the girls nap and I don't have to push the vacuum cleaner around...yea!

I have another progesterone test next week and then we go in for our first ultrasound on Monday, October 20th. According to my calculations I will be due around June 12th but I guess they will give us a more definitive date at the first appointment. Currently I am right around 5 weeks...only 35 more to go.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congratulations Jenn!! I am so excited for you...I am always thrilled to hear about successful fertility treatments. I love reading your blog and learning more about you and the girls. I can't wait to follow your pregnancy too. I wish you all the best!

K.M.L said...

I knew it! When you didn't post, I knew right away! Congrats...So happy for you. I'm almost 8 weeks so our babies are close! Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

YEah, yeah, yeah!!! My heart skipped a beat when I read your title! I'm so happy for you! June 14th is Jackson's birthday! That's great month to have a baby! Take care of yourself...I'm sure that everyone is soooo excited at your house, they will be great big sisters!
{{{Hugs to you}}}
Kim

Dan and Amanda said...

Congratulations Jenn! Yea!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you guys! Keep us posted!

The Les N Lou Blog said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adoption Momma said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you guys. Maybe it will be a boy this time? :) Get pampered as much as possible.

Liz said...

Yay! I know this has been the desire of your hearts for a while now, and I am happy for you. I hope you have a little boy - I'm not sure Corey could stand another Miss Priss! Well, maybe he could - he sure loves the 3 he has. :)
I miss you girl. Hope to hear from you soon. -Liz

Connie Marie said...

ahhhh, congratulations, I hope the pregnancy is easy, the baby is healthy and he/she is born on June 12th! That is my last babys birthday! He is 25 now! Wow does time fly.

Angela, Angie, or Ang said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.