Thursday, April 3, 2008

Mid Week Update

We are making progress and we finally made some decisions concerning our housing situation. After meeting with our realtor again this past Tuesday, looking at four more houses we decided that we are going to build new. I have really tried to give pre-existing homes a shot but it's just not working for me. Some people are really filthy and can make a beautiful home very undesirable. I am sure if I were looking at $1 million+ homes I would find something that I liked but when it comes to homes within our price range we have determined that we are better off building new.

So what did we settle on? One of the very first new construction homes we viewed almost a year ago, go figure. The house we have chosen was going to be a spec home but they just started it so we will get to choose everything! We are meeting with our realtor and the builders sales rep this Friday to iron out all of the details. The are waiting until after our meeting to pour the foundation, this is so exciting! We have always had new homes but they have been spec homes so by the time we chose the houses they were already framed, etc. The house is scheduled for completion late June / Early July. Corey and I are just standing in faith that our house here in Columbia is sold, quickly!

Corey's coming home tonight and then we are all headed to STL tomorrow morning. Corey is helping my brother move into his townhouse on Saturday so the girls and I will need to find something to do tomorrow and then Saturday we are going to take Jamie aka Grandma by and show her the display of our new house. I'm not sure what we are going to do yet, Grant's Farm doesn't open for a few more weeks, the Magic House doesn't open til noon. I'm thinking maybe a movie...we shall see.

No comments: