Monday, April 7, 2008

So I don't get in trouble...

Do any of you love Build A Bear Workshop as much as I do? They are ridiculously priced but tons of fun (especially when you have a $20 off coupon). We all got up early this past Friday morning and went to St. Louis. Corey had to work on Friday, we negotiated a price on our new house late Friday afternoon and then Corey helped my brother move into his townhouse Friday evening. We left Columbia at 6am and were back home by 10:00pm. It was a very long, exhausting day.

The girls and I dropped Corey off at work at 7:30am and then we headed to to the STL Zoo. With Hwy 40 being shut down for construction for the next 2 years we had to take an alternate route downtown. The alternate route didn't take too long and we ended up and the zoo by 8:25am and had to wait in the car for it to open at 9am. It was cold, misty and overcast but we still made the most of it. STL is the best zoo around and you can pretty much go for free (unless you go by Build A Bear Workshop). If you get there early you can park for free, the children's zoo and the carousel are free for the first hour the zoo is open and we packed a picnic lunch (that we ended up eating at Grandma & Grandpa's because we were cold and tired - it was only 11am when we decided we were done).

We spent two hours late Friday afternoon negotiating a price on the new house so that we could write a contract on it. Corey will sign the papers today and I will sign them later this week. I'm pretty excited but I will be even more excited when we have a contract and a firm closing date secured on the house we live in in Columbia. The house is cute, the subdivision in perfect and I am excited about everything coming together. There is lots to do and believe for over the next 2 1/2 to 3 months. We have these neighbors across the street from us who are renting, I am tempted to go over there and see if they want to buy my house; just by observing them, I think it would be perfect for them. I've never officially met them so the question is "am I ballsy enough to go over there and do that"? Probably...we'll see.

That's it for now, so grandparents, here is your update...so I don't get in trouble.

5 comments:

Jessica Leija said...

We need to see a floorplan of your new house! How exciting! I need details!

Jenn said...

I sent you the link.

Kim Dampier said...

Jenn do you have the St. Joseph statue buried anywhere in your yard? We just put ours up for sale too so I'm right there with you!! I'm glad you found a new house that you are happy with in STL!

Kim

Amy said...

STL zoo is the best!

Constance said...

Thanks for the update Sweet Pea. Don't get discouraged about the house, remember God's timing is perfect! He knows your every need and the way things will play out and He is still on the throne, in complete control! I love you baby girl!
Mom