Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend Recap

Aly got up early this morning to see her Daddy off to work and for a little "Coffee Talk" with him. Corey and I had a date night on Saturday night and after we had dinner we stopped at Starbucks for some coffee before heading off to the movies. Starbucks had little coffee cups on clearance and I thought they were the perfect size for the girls so of course I picked them up for them. The girls are constantly trying to drink my coffee so they think they are really big stuff now that they have their own coffee cups. Aly sat down at the table this morning with her "coffee" (a smidgen of coffee lots of cream and milk) and said "so Daddy, what do you want to talk about". It was so cute I had to get a picture to capture the very sweet moment!

As I mentioned above Corey and I had a date night this weekend. We try to get a sitter at least once a month so we can go out and enjoy a nice relaxed dinner and a movie, Saturday was no exception. We attended a wedding on Saturday afternoon and then Kimmy came over about 5pm and spent the evening with the girls.

We went to CiCi City Broiler for dinner, they have the best salad! It's so unique, when I go to a restaurant for the dinner salad you know if must be good. There are very few salads that I like but this is one of them! After dinner we stopped by Starbucks and then we were off to the movies to see "21". AWESOME MOVIE!! It's about a group of college students from MIT who go to Vegas on the weekends to "count cards". I will definitely see this movie again. After we came home we stayed up late to finish watching "Dan In Real Life". Very good movie but I didn't think it was as fantastic as my Mom hyped it up to be. Probably because she understands what it is like having three daughters, two of which were teenagers and I'm not there yet and I plan on having a boy next!

The girls and I are off to STL in the morning for Aly's dance class and then we are meeting with our realtor late tomorrow afternoon to look at houses. We had an offer on the house last week, we countered the offer and the potential buyer decided not to pursue it ... at least for now, our realtor is working on getting the scoop as to why. We did however have an unexpected, fantastic showing on Saturday morning and I expect this couple to make an offer this week. Things are rolling and we should all be together in STL very soon!

5 comments:

Constance said...

Okay! You HAVE to admit the dancing scene at the roadhouse was funny! The Ruthy Pig-Face Draper song was hilarious and the "Home again, home again" comment (Home again, home again, jiggity jig. Home again home again to buy a fat pig...) when they returned from dancing, had me in stitches! The whole "Murderer of love" comment had me rolling. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. It was warm and witty and in parts, had me & Dad laughing our hineys off.

Love,
Mom

Jenn said...

Yes, those parts were very funny. I didn't say we didn't like it, we stayed up til 11:30 watching it (you know it had to be good if we stayed up late), very enjoyable but it ended kind of abruptly, at least they had the wedding during the credits.

Jessica Leija said...

I am so glad to hear you loved the movie 21! I really want to go see it! I love those kind of movies!

Jessica Leija said...

Speaking of movies mom and dad recommend, we finally watched NEXT last night...awesome movie! I really enjoyed it!

Amy said...

STL is a great place to live. I live in the West County area.