Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Dogwood

Many of you have been inquiring about the new house. With all of the rain this week I doubt that they have poured the foundation yet so as of right now it's just a big dirt hole.

We have chosen the Dogwood with the Country Colonial II Elevation. This decision was a little tough because I like all brick fronts but the brick doesn't have the same charm as the Country Colonial II with the porch and cute window. New construction in STL is really different than in Columbia.

The link to the home is below. You can see the floor plan from this link. It's hard to tell from the tiny picture but we are pretty much getting all of the structural options (i.e. bay window in kitchen, optional kitchen, master bedroom extension, 4th bedroom option, vaulted ceilings, coffered ceiling in master, etc.). Eventually we will end up finishing the basement...but for right now it's just one thing at a time. The home is about 2,000 square foot w/o the basement finished so when we do end up getting to that it will probably be close to 2500-3000.

This will be the perfect home for us for the next 5-10 years. Maybe longer, who knows. Things are going well with our home here in Columbia, we've had 3 showings this week, we've been averaging about 2-3 showings per week for a while now so it's just a matter of time. We had a showing this afternoon and the realtor left us an empty box of nerds with a little note that said "House shows very well", so Corey and I are claiming these people as our buyers. They need to come and get their house...in Jesus name!

Enjoy your weekend! We are planning to continue our relaxing weekend. We are having some friends over tonight for BBQ (I know it's in the 30's but I don't care...but then again, I'm not the one grilling) and a movie. We are watching Dan In Real Life (I guess I liked it more than I thought because I am looking forward to seeing it again) and the kiddos will be watching Alvin and the Chipmunks, sounds fun, huh!

http://mcbridehomes.com/homeModel2.asp?communityModelID=1021

3 comments:

Constance said...

Of course the house shows well! You guys are pros! You've moved how many times in the last 4+ years? Just kidding!

So how did those beans go over? I'm sure they were fantastic, you're a goood cook.

I'm excited to see the progress on the house, maybe when we're in town for dad's Haz-Mat training we can run out there and check things out! I never did find "dogwood" on the page showing the homes, but I did see the options on the floor plans. I have always loved 2 story homes!

Dad should be home this evening. It sounds like AA has got all of their flights up and running once again!

Hug my babies for me (and yourselves!)

Love, Mom/GIGI

Jenn said...

Hey Mom,

I'm surprised you couldn't find the Dogwood, the link on this post takes you right to it.

I'd love to show you the house in May, when are you guys coming?

Kim Dampier said...

I love your new house!!! And you are going to need that 4th bedroom right! :)

Can't wait to hear and see pics about recital!

Kim