Monday, April 28, 2008

Where Have We Been?

St. Louis, where else? Last week was a whirlwind of a week. Let me get you all caught up to our speed which felt like overdrive.

Jamie's (aka Grandma) mom passed away last week. Grandma Diahan had been battling Alzheimer's for the past 5-6 years. She passed away one day after the two year anniversary of Gram passing away. So last Wednesday and Thursday were spent with my family, saying our good-byes to another one of the "Greatest Generation" souls. She was buried at Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery. It was kind of surreal to be in the exact same place we were two years ago. Same funeral home, same cemetery and some of the same people. We are planning on honoring Grandma Diahan's memory by doing the Alzheimer's walk with Jamie in September. Corey's maternal grandmother passed away of Alzheimer's two years ago so we have many reasons to support the Alzheimer's organization and to support their mission to find a cure.

Last Friday I took Corey to the STL Cardinals Game for his 30th Birthday (his b-day is May 9th). We had seats in the Champions Club with an all you can eat buffet. Our seats were covered so we were able to watch the thunderstorm while we sat at the stadium during the 2 hour rain delay. I booked a room for us at the Hilton Ballpark complete with a view of Busch Stadium (Corey said the view of the stadium was superior to the view of the ocean in Puerto Vallarta - must be a guy thing) and breakfast delivered to our room the next morning. The girls spent the night with MawMaw & PawPaw.

On Saturday afternoon we met up with Corey's parents and went out to show them the new house. I told our sales lady that the "tour of parents" would begin soon...I guess it already has. The foundation is poured and it's "curing" (kind of sounds like we're cooking a ham not building a house). They should start framing next week, weather permitting.

We ended up watching part of Juno on Saturday night and then finished it up on Sunday afternoon during our open house. Corey made dinner (see "The Great Debate"). I gave him a really hard time about what the dinner looked like, it did taste good though. I kind of felt bad about giving him a hard time so I ended up doing the dishes. We then took the girls out to kick the soccer ball, play catch and ride their bike and scooter. Fun times, the girls love to play sports with their Daddy.

So now we are at the start of a new week, oh how I love Mondays. I'm trying to psych myself up, can you tell? We are headed to STL tomorrow morning so that's a bright spot till Corey comes home on Friday. It's been a little tough to be here in Columbia while Corey is in STL. The majority of my interaction is with a 2 year old and 4 year old. Which is great, I'm not complaining, it's just a little lonely sometimes. It's difficult for us to get involved in anything here since we will be leaving soon. I've tried to take the girls to story time at the Library and we've made it twice since my last day of work (which was in January). It's on Wednesday mornings and we usually go to STL every other Tuesday & Wednesday. Sometimes I just feel like we are kind of lost in the shuffle. My sweet friend from AHA did email me this morning to tell me how much she missed me...so now I'm feelin' the love and we're having lunch next week - thanks Liz!

Ok, enough rambling...if anyone wants a lunch, play date or to buy a house just call...peace out!

1 comment:

Constance said...

I knew you'd have a lot on your plate so I didn't want to call you and catch you at a bad time. Did you like JUNO? I hated it at first and then it was a little better after it went on. I didn't like how "casual" everyone seemed to be about such an emotional subject. Maybe because I have been there and didn't appreciate how the parents behaved. I'm glad Corey enjoyed his birthday gift. Dad and Bub are going to the STARS playoff game tonight! BUB is so incredibly pumped! I caN'T BELIEVE WE'LL BE HOME IN JUST A COUPLE MORE WEEKS!
lOVE YA sWEET pEA!
mOM