Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Stranded at the drive-in...

Think John Travolta in Grease. Seriously, the girls and I are stranded at home. A couple of weeks ago Corey had an accident and we had to get a rental car. Our car should be finished sometime today so he came home last night and when he left this morning he left the rental car here with me...but he took the keys to STL with him. So as an added bonus, Corey will be coming home this evening with the keys. Even if my car is finished today the car seats are locked in the rental car so it does me absolutely no good. Oh yeah and the rental car company has a spare set but they are their admin office...in Wichita, KS.

Since we are stranded, I had the opportunity to watch a few of the performances from American Idol that I recorded last night. I think David Cook should win; dude, he rocked it out with his version of Billie Jean plus he's from the Show Me State. I also like Carly Smithson, for me it's between those two.

3 comments:

Constance said...

Isn't it weird how we can get messed up so easily from our usual routine? It stinks being w/o a car! I don't know what I'd do? Of course, I can pretty much have my pick out in the driveway since it's like a used car lot!

I 100% agree with you! David Cook SHOULD win AI after his performance last night! He consistently shows his creativity and willingness to take risks! David Arch...has an awesome voice but Cook's uniqueness gives him the edege! The dude is rockin' it!

Love, Mom

Jessica Leija said...

I made a decision a few weeks back that I would Tivo the 2 hr Tuesday show of American Idol, and then on Wednesday at 7 Jacey and I would watch the previous night (fast fwd through commercials) and be done just in time for the last 30 min of the results show. Thus cutting the 3 hrs a week for American Idol in half. So, I talked to mom this morning and she told me "Jess, you HAVE to watch David Cook's performance before tonight...it was awesome!" So I said ok..finished our conversation and hung up. As soon as I hung up, the radio station I listen to in the morning played the recaps, and I heard David Cook and I got goosebumps! That was stellar!!! I want that song on my IPOD right NOW! I think he is AMAZING!

Sarah Beth and David said...

Wow...that was quite the upheaval...if that is the right word. :)

We like David Archuleta hands down! :)

Sarah just said that she likes Carly.