Monday, January 28, 2008

Weekend In Review

It's been almost two weeks since my last day of work and I have to say the "stay at home Mom/Wife" lifestyle has been a breeze to get acclimated too. This must be the perfect job for me. The girls and I have been filling our days with playing, learning, shopping, cleaning, working out (me, not them), etc.

I've been working with Aly on her letter, phonics and reading. She is doing great! We went to Ann's Teacher Store last week and bought a chart to help us track how many letters she actually knows and recognizes. Once she can tell me all 26 letters, 5 days in a row she gets a prize. She only has 3 more days left before getting her prize. I will post a picture of her with her "treasure" as soon as we get it. Once we've mastered all of the letters we will start working on the sounds (that's called phonics, right?). She should be reading in no time. Now, if I could just get Ashley to cooperate with me on potty training.

We had a great weekend. Of course the big "kick-off" happened at 5:30 on Friday evening when Daddy walked through the door after a very long week. We enjoyed an evening of hanging out and lounging around. We made Daddy a special surprise too, his Banana Pudding was waiting for him in the fridge when he got home.

We took the girls to church on Saturday for "Super Saturday". This was a special day for the kids to come and have the opportunity to invite their friends for a day of fun and fellowship. Saturday night we went out with Grant and Laura, Corey had planned a birthday dinner at Chris McD's followed by a viewing of "27 Dresses (great date movie). After the movie we went to Starbucks for coffee and great conversation (we had an awesome time Grant & Laura, we love you guys!).

We had an open house yesterday afternoon after church and we actually had someone stop by! Yea!

So what's on tap for this week...hopefully I will have the time (and motivation) to paint the master bathroom (we did some touch up painting and the color was supposed to match but it's not quite right so I need to repaint the entire wall), clean out the filing cabinet, start packing the girls closets, etc. The girls and I are headed to STL tomorrow to spend the day and night with Daddy and look at houses. We've been looking at some new construction in the O'Fallon area and the sales rep called and said they are letting one of their spec homes go for a great price and they will even let us put a contract down contingent upon the sale of this house. We are going to check out the house again, we've looked at so many they are all starting to run together. There is also a new subdivision in Wentzville that we are going to check out, same builder as the houses in O'Fallon so we will see. Both subdivisions are in the Wentzville School District which is where I want the girls, it's kind of hard to believe that we have to start choosing our housing on the school districts! My babies are growing up, I guess it's time for another (right, Grandma?).

Until next time...

5 comments:

jamie said...

Right on, Sissy!!!
By the way, I was very surprised when I saw that you had already blogged! You know your mom hasn't yet! Well, can't wait to see you guys. I also spent the weekend painting. One room down, 4 more to go!!! See you soon.
Love,
Jamie

Jenn said...

It looks like she finally blogged, some excuse about being stuck in traffic???

Jenn said...

Jamie - by the way, I keep meaning to ask you, are you going to start blogging? I clicked on your name and saw three blogs posted under your profile but no new posts since January 2006...and you give me a hard time if I don't blog for a week?

Constance said...

Hey now! Just because a certain someone gets to work at home exclusively with my grandbabies, the rest of us are stuck in traffic, etc. I made banana pudding Friday night too! How weird! Let me know how the house thing turns out. I SO hate painting! Dad is content with plain old white walls-not me! If it's painted inside this house, it is all me!
Love, Mom

Jessica Leija said...

Is that why you have a pink wall Mom? Oh, oops, did I say that out loud? The only pink wall in our house that was approved by Steven is in Jacey's room, lol!