Thursday, January 10, 2008

Still Not Up To Snuff

We didn't make it to STL last night...Daddy came to us! The girls were in no position to do the hour and a half car trip and then be paraded all over the "big city". Daddy got home about 5:30 pm (not too bad, good thing he is at MasterCard and not Monsanto. Since MasterCard is closer to Hwy 40, he can make it in an hour and twenty minutes).

I went and picked up dinner and brought it back home (Buckinghams, nobody beats their BBQ) and then we played this enormous game of CandyLand. Grandma & Grandpa got the girls this game for X-mas, it has giant gingerbread men pieces and the game board is a big rug that you spread out on the floor. If the girls hadn't been feeling so puny I would've taken a picture but they wouldn't even let me comb their hair yesterday. It was so nice to sleep with Corey right next to me, I definitely stay warmer. It's great sleeping with Aly but she doesn't generate as much body heat. Although at about 4am we got a lovely treat...Aly in bed with us. Complaining that she had to "pee" and her throat hurt. She probably got up to pee about 5 times within an hour. She did this to me the night before last too, if she does it again tonight she is going back to the doctor. I'm starting to wonder if she has a Urinary Tract Infection. I sure hope not. I think dance and Tumblebees starts again tonight but unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to go.

We've got a busy weekend planned this weekend. A bridal shower for Sarah B, an open house on Sunday and a lot of catching up with Daddy.

4 comments:

jamie said...

HI Jenn,
Although I am sorry that the girls are sick I sure did miss seeing them last night. And you too. Never underestimate the way that I feel about you. I'm glad that you all got to see Corey though. I'm sure that it is very hard on everyone but all of that will be over soon.
See you soon,
Love,
Jamie

Constance said...

Isn't it wonderful to feel so loved?!

I will have to play some of that Candyland when I get in next weekend! A week from today, can you believe it? I am eager to see all of you and I love you all very much!

PS The Nasopure came on Tuesday and I experimented with it. I was stuffy and decided to use my nasal spray for the last time this illness. I used the stuff in ernest yesterday, beginning when I got up. I used it after my first cleaning job (they have 3 dogs and the hair is horrenous!). I then used it after my second job (his dalmation sheds as much as the 3 dogs from the first house!). I used ot the last time before bed. I haven't used the nasal spray since Tuesday night. I'm heading to clean at Karina's and am going to use it before I leave in a couple of minutes. Thanks for sending it to me Sweetie!

Love, Mom

Kim Dampier said...

We missed you at dance! Sorry to hear that you are still sicky, but glad Corey made it to you! Yeah! Maybe next week?

Kim

Jenn said...

Thanks Jamie, likewise.

Mom - can't wait to see you!

Kim - we missed coming to dance too, but we had to be fair to the other kids (and their parents)! HaHa. See you next week!