Monday, January 7, 2008

Holding Down The Fort

So that's me, I'm holding down the fort. Corey starts his new job at MasterCard today. He has probably not even backed out of the driveway yet and I'm already sniffling. The girls and I are not used to him being on "business trips". The only time he has been away from us since the girls have been born is when he went on his Dad's 50th Birthday Fishing Trip this past May. Aly kind of understands, she knows that she gets to sleep with me until Dad gets back home this Friday. The sleeping with me thing is more for me than for her, I will sleep better with her in bed with me (I found this out after one night while Corey was away on the fishing trip).

I know we'll do fine. It's only four nights. Some people do this for their job on a regular basis. This is only temporary. The girls and I are planning to go to STL on Wednesday or Thursday to have dinner with him. I'm sure this will become a weekly ritual until we move. I only have 7 working days left, next Tuesday, January 15th will be my last day!

Happy Monday, say some prayers for all of us!

3 comments:

Constance said...

Hi Sweetie! I have every confidence in you during this difficult time. Remember you are my daughter and you come from VERY good survival stock! Let this be an opportunity for God to meet the needs you have that Corey might otherwise fill.
Love ya Baby Girl!
Mom

jamie said...

Good Morning Jenn! You will do fine! Reading this made me so sad but knowing that everything will be real happy real soon made it better. Listen to your mother (hmmm, wonder where I have heard that before?!).
Love You,
Jamie

jamie said...

Oopsie! I forgot to remind you of all of the supporting and loving friends and family that you have behind you and Corey. We are always there for you.
Love You Again,
Jamie