Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Big 3-0

My 30th birthday was this past Sunday (January 20th) and we had a great weekend! Mom (aka Gigi) came into town to help us celebrate. Corey outdid himself, as usual. What a great husband I have. He's been doing birthday errands with the girls for the past few weekends to make sure everything was perfect for my big day.

Saturday Mom and I enjoyed a girls day out (minus the little girls, Daddy had them busy). We went and looked at log cabins (Mom & Dad are going to build one in the mountains when they retire). We then headed over to my favorite restaurant, The Upper Crust, where Mom treated me to a special birthday lunch. Then it was off to Natural Nail Care Clinic for pedicures. Our final stop was at Culvers for some Reeces Pieces custard (this is my favorite flavor and it was the flavor of the day on Saturday, they must have known it was my birthday weekend).

When we got home Corey had the house all decorated with balloons, banners, red roses. I also got a special delivery from the local florist. Dad & Jamie had a beautiful floral arrangement sent to me. My German Chocolate Cake from The Upper Crust was waiting on the counter for me and Corey even let me open my present from him and the girls a day early...a receipt...for a pair of Uggs (see below).

We went out for a special birthday breakfast at Panera on Sunday before church. I napped for part of the afternoon and then Corey grilled fillets and Mom made twice baked potatoes. We had German Chocolate Cake (again, I couldn't wait so I broke into it after lunch) and I opened presents. I got some cash, boots, gift certificates, a fun leopard print throw and my Omi & Opi sent me a string of pearls complete with a bracelet and earrings to match. All and all turning the big 3-0 was not so bad. I'm just glad I've got another 10 years before I have to psych myself up for the big 4-0!

6 comments:

Kim Dampier said...

Happy birthday!!! 30 isn't so bad...I can say that, I've been here for a few years! :) Looks like you were spoiled sufficently, great job Corey! We have missed you! Are you going to make it back to the studio before you move? Love you new Uggs!

Kim

Jenn said...

Thanks Kim! I appreciate the birthday wishes! Unfortunately we are not coming back to the studio for 2nd semester. The girls were sick the first week back, we were in STL last Thursday...it seems like missing dance class is becoming a weekly pattern. I took Aly to the studio I grew up in while we were in STL last week and we picked out a class for her. We will just throw her dance bag in the car and she will be able to take class when we are in town. Hopefully we will be able to implement her full time before their spring recital. I miss you guys! Keep in touch!

The Les N Lou Blog said...

I'm glad you had a wonderful birthday my beautiful sister. But you know if you guys moved down here we all could have celebrated it together. =D hint hint =D did you get my email with all four bridesmaid dresses?

Jenn said...

The bridesmaid and flower girl dresses are really cute? Is that what you're going with? As soon as you decide, let me know because I will start checking ebay. Mom & I found Aly's flower girl dress for the upcoming wedding she is in for $29.99 (I paid $139), it was the exact size and everything. Love you!

PS - I loved my SLT present from you! Thank you!

Constance said...

What a FUN weekend I got to spend with you Baby Girl! Thanks so much for being so generous with your love!

Mom

Connie Marie said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had quite the celebrations going on.