Friday, April 3, 2009

Unexpected Surprise

Today as I was sitting at the table drinking coffee Corey spontaneously decided to take the day off. This NEVER happens. He always teases us and says "I should take the day off" but he never does unless it's been planned well in advance.

We got a new chandelier last night so he was chomping at the bit to put it up. He started on that this morning, put down some fresh mulch and then it was off to my doctor appointment. The doctor appointment went well, we are right on track and getting closer every day. I will now go for appointments every two weeks and at my next appointment we get to have another ultrasound (hopefully Corey will be able to make it this time, then he can check out his son's "junk" without having to rely on pictures, apparently the seeing the "junk" is really important to guys)! I am really excited, since I have been treated like a regular patient this time around I wasn't sure if we were going to get to peek at the baby anymore before the big day arrives.

My doctor even congratulated me on my weight gain (in front of my husband, this is big for us). It was nice to get the congratulatory pat from the doc telling me I was doing a good job of keeping my weight in check. I ended up getting my Rhogam shot today. That's all the girls have been talking about, the shot in my butt and if I was going to get a BIG "bam-baid" on my butt. No, not a BIG one just a little "bam-baid". The doc said he would most certainly let me go at 39 weeks if I don't go earlier.

After seeing the doc we headed over to Cracker Barrel. Mmm...I've been asking to go there for a few weeks. We then took the girls to see Monsters vs. Aliens. I think Corey enjoyed the movie more than them! Since it's supposed to be so nice tomorrow we are headed to the zoo. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Constance said...

I haven't eaten at Cracker Barrel since Aunt Bee and I drove to San Antonio last summer for the Beth Moore conference! I love their breakfasts! Glad you only needed a small band aid for your bum! Even the Doc said you were doing great!
Love, Mom