Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter Thoughts

I just realized as I was checking my family's blogs that we should be on the road right now on our way to Texas for Easter. Even though we have lots planned this weekend I'm bummed we are not going to be there. Although I'm not bummed that now I don't have to stop every hour to get out and walk around for the 11 hour car trip (which would probably be more like 15 hours after all that stopping). Going for Thanksgiving and being able to take Joel so that everybody can enjoy him will be so much more fun!

I don't have much today, just focusing on getting to June. I've been busy with March of Dimes. The March for Babies is in two weekends and I'm helping out with one in IL next weekend too so I've been putting in quite a few extra hours for them the last few weeks. We have a pretty busy weekend with all of the Easter festivities that are planned. One of my main focuses this weekend will be to sit back and truly respect, reverence and honor the reason we are celebrating. It's so easy to get caught up in the hoopla of the bunnies, egg hunts, family gatherings, etc that you have to on purpose stop to honor the one who saved us all. Happy Easter to all!

2 comments:

Kim Dampier said...

Have a great one...that baby will be here before you know it!!! Your countdown always reminds me how many more days are left until Jackson's birthday too!!

Constance said...

You aren't the only one that was bummed! I am thinking of how you should be here and when we eat dinner later today and so on...Sigh, but I understand! Come on Thanksgiving! I'm glad the girlies enjoyed their goodies!
Love, Mom