Monday, September 29, 2008

Weekend Recap

I'll start with a funny story from yesterday...the girls were watching Back To The Future (again) yesterday morning before church. They get to the part where Doc and Marty are in the mall parking lot testing out the time machine. Aly is laughing at everything that is going on, Marty sees Einstein disappear and says "Holy Sh*!". Aly looks at me, laughs and says "Holy Sh*!s" I start busting up laughing and Corey comes out of the kitchen and "seriously" tries to say "Aly, we don't say that, it's a bad word". I jump up from the couch, run to the kitchen and laugh uncontrollably with Corey out of Aly's sight. It was so innocent...and kind of cute. I never realized how much bad language was in the movie and it's rated PG. Boy, times have changed.

Anyway, we had a fun weekend. Our friends, The DeShon's, came into town on Thursday night to spend a couple of nights with us. The BOYS took the kiddos out so that Laura I could have a day of shopping to ourselves. It was very sweet of them and we enjoyed ourselves. We went down to Historic Main Street St. Charles and at lunch at Miss Aimee B's tea room. It was really fun to do girly stuff and have adult conversation without all of the kids in tow. The BOYS took the kiddos to Whites for lunch and then to the magic house. From the pictures they took it looks like everyone had a blast.

We had a babysitter (Aunt Lisa) for the kiddos on Friday night and we enjoyed a wonderful dinner at The Melting Pot...yum!

The rest of the weekend was a pretty lazy one! I was feeling pretty under the weather so we spent alot of time resting and sleeping...and enjoying the NKOTB Behind The Music.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun fun fun! I just heard from Grant on Facebook! I swear I thought that Facebook was for college kids, but I'm finding out more and more people are on there!!
And that is so sweet that the guys took the kids...!
I"m needing a Gap kids fix!
Miss you!
Kim

Constance said...

Out of the mouth of babes! It's SO hard NOT to laugh over something like that because it's so darn funny! At the same time, if they see you react that way it's entertainment for them. Ahh....

We LOVED that picture of Ashy Bee with her hair flying all over the place! I'm missing my girls, all 3 of them!!

Love & Hugs,
Mom/GIGI