Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Girl Has It All Figured Out


Here's a little update on our Tiny Dancer. Ashley has totally figured out that she only has to impress me on Tuesday mornings. After her four times on the potty yesterday she informed me that she wasn't going to go in the potty anymore because..."I don't want to". Makes sense, she got what she wanted and we will play this little charade again until next Tuesday when she decides to be big again.

It's all worth it though because her little tap shoes are size 6! If you are a Target shoe shopper than you know that that's only one size bigger than all of the "baby" shoes.

Amanda - to answer your question, it's not really typical for studios to let the parents watch their children on a week in week out basis. Some studios have double sided glass so the kiddos can't see you but you can see them. Our studio has an observation week 3 times per year where parents and grandparents can go into the class and watch but Aly always does better when she knows that I am not watching. I was only able to snap these few pics of Ash yesterday because we get special privileges at the studio...I grew up in that dance studio, taught some preschool dance and managed the office all through college. The owner is thrilled to have us back and has been asking Ash every week if she's wearing "big girl panties" yet so that she can give her tap shoes and sign her up for class. It's actually quite cute and I certainly don't mind the "favor" especially since it "favors" my checking account! I guess all of those years that my Dad "invested" his checkbook into me is paying off for my kiddos...I'll have to remember to thank him!

3 comments:

Jessica Leija said...

Those tap shoes are precious!

Dan and Amanda said...

I'm glad to know that and it makes perfect sense! I'm new to the whole dance scene... So you're back at your old dance studio? How fun!

Anonymous said...

Um...I thought that we had the smallest tap shoes ever...you win the prize! :)

Kim