Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mommies Helpers

My day started at 4:45am today! That's right...4:45am. Corey had to be to work at 7:00 am and then we had our pre-closing walk later in the morning. The morning started out a-ok (usually does when you have coffee). The girls and I dropped Corey off at work and then we headed over to Mickey D's for breakfast.

We decided to head to the restroom before we ordered breakfast and as Aly and I were deciding which stall we were going to use Ashley felt like it was the right time to throw up on both of us. She threw up all down the front of my shirt and in Aly's hair. Fortunately the girls still had their pj's on and I had fresh clothes for them...but now for me. Mind you, it's only 7am, I do not intend to walk around all day until 6pm smelling like puke. I had a hoodie on so I stripped off my shirt and zipped up my jacket...good thing my mom wasn't there she would've told me to "turn my shirt inside out". Right Mom? Long story...goes back to a trip to Canada that we took when I was 10 years old.

After 40 minutes of clean up we were finally ready to eat. Ashley ate her pancakes and sausage like nobody's business. This is not the first time she has puked on one of our STL trips...usually it's in her carseat and then I have to detour to my parents and spend a couple of hours washing everything. I think she gets carsick when all she has is juice on an empty stomach.

After Mickey D's we headed to Target, JC Penney and Macy's. Yes that's right, three places to find one shirt for me. The pre-closing walk went great, the house looks awesome. After the walk the girls and I headed over to Lowe's to buy $657 worth of "necessities" for the new house. Oh yeah and some $57 gas...for the Taurus (note the sarcasm). Aly helped by pushing one of the carts at Lowe's, even while doing all of this "work" she still has time to ham it up for me. Check out her new Barbie shoes, $2.98 Target clearance baby!





4 comments:

The Les N Lou Blog said...

We are glad to see that you shop at Lowes...lol =D

Anonymous said...

Love that pose...right in the middle of Lowes, gotta love that girl!

Kim :)

Sarah Beth and David said...

cute pictures!

Constance said...

Hey! Personally, I think you should have made her throw up in a styrofoam cup and then hold it for the next 10 miles on a road that resembles a dried up creek bed!

But then that's the Mom & Dad Parenthood Philosophy!

Love, Mom/GIGI

Those girls are true beauties!