Thursday, July 17, 2008

Anxious

Well we are down to the wire with much to do. We close on the new house tomorrow and then we will start moving everything to St. Louis tomorrow night and Saturday. Don't be jealous...I know all you wish you were spending your weekend moving too, oh wait, some of you are...those of you that are helping us! It's so much fun to pack your life up into boxes and to feel like everything is all over the place. We've been packing a little up at a time since January so it won't be too bad. I did however have to go digging through boxes in my garage so I could find my round cake pans so that could bake my Dad a cake for Father's Day...transition...such fun but soon we will be settled and back to normal...whatever that is.

I spent yesterday mowing the lawn, no snakes but I did see snake skin on the side of my house. Ugh. I also got a quick haircut as did Aly and Ashley got a pretend haircut. I'm was not quite ready for her first trim yet besides I didn't have my camera with me. Then I spent much of last night packing. My goal is to get this house in a completely moveable state by the time Corey gets home tonight. We are trying to make it super easy on the people that are helping us. It is no fun to help someone move that hasn't packed up anything by moving day. I want to make this as quick and painless as possible.

As of tonight I will be disconnected from blog world and internet world until sometime next Wednesday. You don't realize how much you depend on the internet until you don't have access to it. Looking up directions, paying bills, banking, etc. I've had to be very proactive and get all of our "ducks in a row" for the next few weeks. I better run, much to do. No time for storytime today...it's a good thing we got our hugs in on Monday Kim! If you ever want to come to STL for a day of shopping just let me know...I'm always up for a trip to the mall. Supposdly the Gymboree at the Galleria has the best deals and the biggest selection, am I tempting you yet?

Alright all, until Wednesday...or Thursday.

2 comments:

Angela, Angie, or Ang said...

I didn't get to tell you bye :( I was just getting to know you and now you are gone. Bummer. Hey, if Kim doesn't take you up on the shopping trip, I will! Hey by the way, thanks for the encouraging words you left on my blog;)

Anonymous said...

I thought you might have been bust packing....I'm gettig teary right now thinking about it...but I know that you will be happy in STL with your family and Corey...we will come see you!! It is fun having friends in the big cities to visit! Gosh we will miss you! So thankful for the internet tho!
Here's some more {{{{hugs}}} Give them to the girls too!

Kim

Can't wait to see pics of the new house!