Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting There

As of yesterday afternoon we finally had internet, cable and phone, Praise God! I feel a little more connected to the outside world now! As the title of my post says...we are getting there. The house is really starting to come together. I know there will always be improvements that we want to make but at least for now it's functional.

We've had a few little hiccups along the way. The electricians wired my dryer outlet incorrectly so I couldn't wash any thing for the first few days. Once they finally got that fixed I washed two loads of laundry and then we discovered standing water in our brand new basement. The plumbers were out yesterday evidentally there was a block outside of our house somewhere in the pipes. Probably crap that the construction workers put down there...they don't care it's not their house. As of today it seems that we are functioning at near capacity except we don't have our fence up yet so the dogs are inside 24/7, hurray for dog hair flying all over a new house. The fence was supposed to be complete on Monday but while the contractor was setting the posts on Sunday our neighbor informed us that we couldn't have a cedar fence. It has to be aluminum or vynil...which equates to more money out of our pocket. The builder has known about the cedar fence from the get go and even gave us a quote for one. We relented and gave in to the vynil fence...I guess Corey's not in the mood to make enemies with our neighbors. Whatever, if he's up for the additional expense why should I let it bother me. Seriously though it's just one more thing.

We visited a church last night for a mid week service, it was big, definately not as intimate as what we are used to. Everything they believe and preached lined up with what we believe. They had a guest pastor last night so we will be going back on Sunday to get a feel for the Sunday services and the church as a whole. The kids loved the children's ministry and adapted right away. Aly has already asked when we can go back. Ashley and I will be dropping Aly off at dance camp this morning and then we've got a few errands to run. I've got a baby shower at the house this Saturday and then we leave for our vacation to Canada next Friday so everything will continue to slowly come together. I'm already ready to have a garage sale...I didn't realize we had some much unused stuff. Maybe I'll post some pics this weekend but don't hold your breath!

2 comments:

Jessica Leija said...

Yeah! Jenn is back! I can't wait to see pics of the house! I have purposely been leaving you alone this past week because I know how busy you have been (our conversations are never quickies!)...so call me when you have some down time...I miss my sister chats! LOVE YOU!

Dan and Amanda said...

Hi Jenn. I didn't realize you were moving! Good luck with the unpacking...I know how difficult it is with 2 little one's running around!!!