Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Done

I'm done posting recital pictures (these are for Mom), I'm done being on the phone for 3 hours trying to get our new computer fixed, TumbleBees is done, dance is done, I'm done being a "gypsy", I'm done doing open houses every Sunday...the list goes on! The good thing is that with everything "I'm done" with there is a new beginning and beginnings are good...endings are good too...heck all the stuff in the middle is good. I work really hard not to take any of it for granted and just praise God for it all!

The recital went great, Aly was awesome! The performance bug has bitten Al. She smiled the entire time and was the best (and cutest) kid up there! Not that I'm bias or anything. We didn't get to take pictures during her performance so I'm posting a few pics at the request of the grandparents.

Yesterday morning I tried to log on to our computer to check email before Corey started work and I realized we had no Internet service. I got on the phone with MediaCom right away because I knew Corey was not going to be a happy camper. We did some trouble shooting and then they determined we should switch out the modem. I ran it up to MediaCom, brought the new one back and still no dice. Corey hooked the modem up to his work laptop and it worked like a charm. So the problem was with our 5 1/2 month old computer. I spent 3 hours on the phone last night with HP & MediaCom and HP concluded that we would need to do a system recovery. Basically that means we were going to wipe out the whole system and start from scratch. Uh...that doesn't really work for me. So I said a prayer and went to Sam's Club this morning and they are going to exchange my computer, no problem! So I bought the new, better computer this morning and set up a time to bring the old one back this weekend. I lugged the box all the way inside, sat down at the computer to type a letter before I started swapping things out and low and behold our old computer works again. Geesh! We are still doing the swap but I decided to get on and take care of my business while it's working. You just don't realized how addicted er I mean dependant you are on the Internet until you don't have access to it.

The girls started swimming lessons at Machers yesterday. They were so cute. Aly & Ashley are in the same class and Ash was a little scared and timid. Aly was very sweet and motherly toward her, holding her hand, rubbing her back, etc so that Ash wouldn't be afraid. I might take my camera tomorrow and try to get a few pics.

Since I spent 3 hours on the phone last night I decided to take the girls to Mickey D's for their favorite breakfast and some special girl bonding time. They love pancakes and sausage. I try to take the girls out to breakfast frequently. We create quite the buzz and conversation amongst all of the senior citizens that are there reading their papers and enjoying their coffee. Being a stay at home Mom I feel like I can relate to the senior citizens sometimes. They are so friendly and always looking for someone to have conversation with and so am I.

After Mickey D's we did some Father's Day errands, got chocolate covered raspberries at The Candy Factory and some other Father's Day stuff, went to IB Nuts for some fun "local flavor" Father's Day gifts and also Target for the necessities...tp, oxyclean and of course a critter container. As much as Aly is a girly girl she loves "tomboy stuff" too. She's managed to accidentally kill a caterpillar and a frog so maybe with the proper house for the critter we will have better luck.

The only other news is that we did a little procedure at Dr. Penney's office last Wednesday so now we are just waiting to see if we get two lines on a stick next week. Also, now they are saying the house should be ready around July 17th as opposed to before July 4th. So now that you are completely up to speed it's time for me to speed off again!



Aly & Ashley (Ashley's "done", This was taken before the second show, no nap and she's cutting her 2 year molars)




Aly & Grandma





Aly & Omi





Aly & MawMaw





Our Little Superstar!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! And I will say an extra prayer for 2 little lines for you guys, God knows I've said many a prayers for 2 little lines in my day!!

Kim

I have a funny story for you about AHA...can't wait to see you again!

Constance said...

Hey sweetie!

The computer is finally free! Bub had a friend stay the night and they were on it while Dad and I watched a movie last night. Cute pictures of a cutie patootie! I think I will steal some and put them on my blog! Can't ait to see you all again! This is becoming a habit!
Love, Mom/GIGI

Jessica Leija said...

I love the pics Jenn! I am so glad to hear she loves performing!

There is a quote I just love from Hope Floats:

“Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it’s the middle that counts. You have to remember this when you find yourself at the beginning.”

Cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!!

Constance said...

Does this mean you are also "done" with blogging? Hmmm?
Love, Mom