Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day

Aly survived her first day of Kindergarten but more importantly I survived...with little tears. I let myself meltdown last night when Corey was praying for her first day and then when I woke up this morning but I held it together when it mattered...in front of all the "cool" kids at the bus stop this morning.

Aly's been so excited about taking the bus so I relented and am letting her take it to and from school(Kim you were right...with a newborn at home this is definitely the way to go). After I put her on the bus I went up to the school to meet her. I got there before the bus did and was a smidge freaked out when I didn't see her in her class. I did find her walking down the hall towards her class with her friend from preschool. Whew...she just gave me the exasperated "MOM, what are you doing here" look. As soon as she walked over to her assigned seat she completely melted...not because she was going to miss me but because she was the only girl at her table of 5. I looked at the teacher and said "she'll be fine when I leave so see ya"! Everything else went perfectly and she is ready for another day. One down, two to go (I'm not rushing it though)!





3 comments:

Constance said...

That's my big brave girl! Boys aren't so bad, just wait about 10 years, I doubt she'll be upset being the only girl amongst a bunch of boys!
Love, Mom/GIGI

michelle said...

congratulations to you and Aly! I don't blame her, boys stink! Poor girl!

Kim Dampier said...

sounds like you did great! i melted down on the way out too...can't wait to her about all her adventures this year! she will do super and whip those boys into shape!