Monday, June 22, 2009

On Our Own

Today is our first day on our own. Mom went back to Texas and Corey is at work. I didn't get out of bed til 8am. Of course the little man had me up at 1:15 am and then again at 5:00am. Say some prayers for us, we are going to need them. We are going to tackle grocery shopping this morning (by the time we get out the door it may be the afternoon)! Apparantly my family thinks we have no food in this house. Wish us luck on my first endeavor with all 3!

We took Joel to the pool for the first time on Saturday. I tried to get more pictures but my hubby was being uncooperative. I guess he was embarrassed about me trying to snap all these pictures of him holding Joel in front of our entire subdivision.

One of my best girlfriends's from high school had her baby last week so we went to visit them in the hospital. I promised Nicole I wouldn't post a pic of her and I with our babies but I got some of the cutest pics of Avery and Joel. Avery was 23 inches long...can you believe it? She's bigger as a newborn than Joel is at 2 1/2 weeks old. We joked that if they are going to get married Joel needs to get to the gym and bulk up! Nicole is brining her two girls over next week to "play". My sis will be in town from Dallas and she is going to photograph her kiddos and my kiddos. It should be fun. Congrats again Nicole, Mike and Delaney! Avery is absolutely precious!



2 comments:

jamie said...

Oh my gosh!! Can Avery even wear newborn diapers?! She is a cutie though. I should talk, both of my kiddos were that big.
Love You,
Jamie

Kim Dampier said...

I'm sure you did fabulously!!