Sunday, June 7, 2009

It's already been a week??

Where did the last week go? I looked at the clock at 6:10pm and told Corey "one week ago this time Joel was 20 minutes old". If I'm feeling weepy about his 1 week birthday can you imagine what his 1 year birthday will be like for me? On Aly's first birthday I couldn't stop crying...they grow up so fast!

Joel was able to be off of the bilibed by Friday and what a difference it makes for sleeping. He is sleeping for 5-6 hour stretches overnight and we've even had to wake him up to feed him. He's such a good, sweet baby...it sure doesn't take long to fall in love!

Speaking of falling in love, Corey and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary on Friday. We took Joel to Red Lobster and enjoyed a very quite dinner (our eyes were pretty much glazed over the whole time due to exhaustion) before we went to pick the girls up from Corey's parents. We are planning to go on a real date to celebrate soon...I'm thinking The Melting Pot!

Today was our first time as a family of 5 to go to church. That process was interesting. We got to church with about 10 minutes to spare. We were both in service today so it'll be really interesting when we have to be there early next week since Corey will be working in KOF with the kiddos.

My mom will be here tonight...looking forward to her visit. Here are a few pics from this last week!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the last one with corey holding joel while thry were both sleeping. Sounds like you guys got lucky with him sleeping 5-6 hrs!! Hope Avery is like that! See you soon Love Nicole