Friday, May 7, 2010

Yea..It's the weekend!

After 2 1/2 years at home with the kids weekends actually mean something to me again. I took the plunge two weeks ago and returned to a full-time career. This is my second full week of work and I am loving being back in the corporate environment again. What makes all of this so much easier is that I have an incredibly loving family member taking care of my kiddos for me everyday!

Seriously, we have the best of both worlds! She comes to my house, takes my kiddos to school and picks them up, cleans up, does laundry, gives lots of hugs and kisses...the list goes on. It's been really good for all of us. Mommy is appreciating time with her kids more and vice versa. The time we are spending together is definitely quality.

I've got a great schedule, work about 7:30 - 3:30 but super flexible too. I guess by now you are probably wondering who I am working for...Alzheimer's Association. I am working in development again and am working on the St. Louis Metro Memory Walk at Busch Stadium. So I've traded babies for the elderly. I would've stayed at March of Dimes but unfortunately they have not had a full-time position come available the past year and a half I was there. Love the March of Dimes cause and the organization though!

Alzheimer's disease is near and dear to our family so it makes selling the mission that much easier. I had to go to a nursing home yesterday and visiting the nursing home was much more difficult for me then visiting the St. Louis Children's Hospital NICU. I was a little surprised by that but Corey put it into great perspective...the babies are being so well taken care and have their whole lives ahead of them but you really don't know the story with the elderly...so sad especially since I have an extremely soft spot in my heart for the elderly. I honestly wasn't prepared for dealing with these types of feelings. I so love non-profit work, who would've thought the girl with the fashion merchandising degree would be raising money for non-profits...at least I know how to look cute while doing it.

Big weekend this weekend...my great aunt will be celebrating her 88th bday tomorrow and I am honored to share Mother's Day celebrating my hubby's 32nd bday! He's such and exceptional husband, Daddy, provider and spiritual leader. In everything he does he is always thinking and doing it for us. Happy Birthday Big Daddy...I am no longer a "cougar" at least not for another 8 months!

2 comments:

Constance said...

The kiddos couldn't be in betterhands!!
Love, MOM

michelle said...

Wow! I've missed out on a lot! I'm bummed MOD didn't have anything full time, but glad you're loving your new gig... you've got the best of both worlds now!