Wednesday, April 14, 2010

How Babies Are Made

I took the kids to Arby's for lunch yesterday and it was so nice we decided to eat outside. As we are eating my conversation with Aly goes like this:

Aly: "Mom, how does God actually make the babies".
Me: "Um, what do you mean? He puts them in the mommies tummy to grow".
Aly: "No, I mean how does he actually make them"?
Me: "Well, when you get married you love your husband so much, you kiss and hug alot and then God puts the baby in the Mom's tummy to grow".
Aly: "Oh...Who farted"?
Ashley: "It was me"!

So I'm wiping sweat from my brow...glad that line worked one more time, I think I'm going to have to invest in these books I was looking at at Family Christian Bookstore over the weekend...it breaks all of this info done by your child's age category. Ugh...I'm so not ready for this. They are cool with girl parts, boy parts, they even know about "blood" aka period but this whole "how is the baby made"...I'm not ready for!

4 comments:

michelle said...

Thank God Ashley farted. I bet you'd never thought you'd be saying that!!! She saved the day! We have an American Girl book, that covers all the bases, too, about puberty... my kids love the illustrations. Ugh. So not ready to deal with it!

Constance said...

Yeah, it's intimidating which is weird since we're the parents for crying out loud!
Love, MOm/GIGI

Dan and Amanda said...

Ha! That's hilarious!!!!

Angela, Angie, or Ang said...

We've had that conversation too. No fun. Love the fart save!