Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hotel For Dogs, Spring Cleaning & Home Improvement

First off I have to start by saying Kim, you were right, I have been busy because I am shopping for boy stuff! Seriously, work has kept me pretty busy as well as trying to keep up on everything. Unfortunately I haven't been able to clean my house the way I would like to, all in one day. I've had to do it bit by bit since I get wiped out so easy these days. It's almost to the point where I am about to say forget it. Corey even asked me if I wanted to hire someone to clean the house. You all probably think I'm crazy for not taking him up on it but I did say "no thank you, I can clean my own house, but you're going to have to help".

I took the girls out on a date this past week to see Hotel For Dogs. Cute movie, during one scene the girls started crying uncontrollably about the movie, fortunately there was only one other family in the theater so I'm sure they understood. Corey and I actually went on a date Friday night. His parents took the kids for the evening and even gave us money to go out. Now those are the kind of dates I like where people pay me to take my kids!

The date is what started the Home Improvement frenzy! After our nice dinner out (with hair in my food, GROSS) we did what any other couple on a date would do, we went to Lowe's. Corey finally got his extra landscaping lighting and spent the majority of Saturday Installing it. Saturday night it was back to Lowe's (but with the girls) to buy paint and bathroom fixtures. We are working on painting the house a little at a time since all you get is builder white when you buy a new home and cheap fixtures. I'm not sure when these improvements will start but I hope soon! I am anxious to get the baby crib out and start getting everything ready for Joel. June will be here before you know it (at least that's what I keep telling myself).

So the whole Home Improvement thing started the Spring Cleaning frenzy. The way I cleaned the kitchen yesterday you would've thought the baby was coming next week and not in June. I think it was a combo of the nice weather and me just wanting everything in order. My mom, my sister and my niece are all coming in from Dallas in two weeks and I feel like I have to get everything ready now (see Mom, it's a good thing you're not surprising me) since it takes me two weeks to clean the house. We are having a family birthday party for the girls that weekend and my dear sweet sister is giving me a baby shower since she knows we have absolutely nothing for a boy. I do have all of the big stuff but I don't think I have one blanket, sleeper or burp cloth that doesn't have pink something all over it!

Well we are at the start of another busy week but this is a special week! I love Valentine's Day! I think it's completely over commercialized for couples but I love to show others how much we love them this time of year. It's always fun to make V-day really special for the girls. Now if I could just get my hands on some Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberries from The Candy Factory in Columbia all would be well!

3 comments:

Kim Dampier said...

My kids have been dying to see that movie..and I'm guessing the will cry too, if yours did! I hope you are having fun shopping...boy stuff isn't near as much fun as girl stuff, but it has come a long way!! And I'm sure you are happy to change modes for awhile! Ahhh Candy Factory Strawberries...YUM-O!

Constance said...

I wouldn't be surprised if Corey surprised you with those strawberries!

I am looking forward to my visit a week from today!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Jenn if you need a number for a maid service I got one. When I was pregnant with Delaney Mike was working 16-18 hrs days and I really did not have the energy nor my belly wouldnt let scrub the bathtub like I wantedto so he got me a maid for the last months of my pregnancy and the 12 weeks I was off work. It was AWESOME. Now with Delaney its hard to clean the house so I cant imagine how you do it but in case you need help call me I will give you there # and they are very cheap but do a great job. I am thinking of calling them again here in the next month or two...Talk to you soon Love ya Nicole